Tycoon advice

Managing Plymouth who got taken over by a tycoon in League 2 and have been promoted in successive seasons to the Championship. (1st season spent 26k and loads of loan signings as Tycoon did not invest in transfer fund, 2nd season got promoted to championship spent 4.4 mill, Championship season upto transfer window spent 3.2mill)

I have played 19 games in my current seasons won 6 dwn 8 lst 5 Goals for 24, goals against 25 I am 10th in the league on 26points 8 points off the playoffs. My strikers are young and scored loads for me to get me promoted (Jeffery Scullup is only 20 in my current season and I had him in my promotion seasons where he banged in 15 in leage 2 and 20 in league 1), however in the championship he has only scored 4 goals in 16 starts but I kept my faith in him. I have Stephen Fletcher coming in from Wolves in Jan for 160k but think I need some investment to push me along with my team been close to the playoffs - The board wanted me to stay clear of relegation

With my chairman been a tycoon will he be able to pull money out of thin air if I asked him for extra transfer funds to buy another of striker in the Jan window and poss a defender to push my play off bid as I believe if I strenghend now I really have a shout.

I want to ask him for transfer funds and use lack of ambtion comment if he doesnt agree but dont know if this would work. The other issue is my favourite club job may come up as Gareth Southgate looks like getting sacked at Hull so want to make sure my Tycoons chairman ambition mathces mine.

Any advice from people who have managed tycoon clubs.

Archived