Fm 2012 - mac installation problems

I purchased the game a week ago and have been trying to play it but keep getting the following error message:"warning - failed to find a default database to use. Please make sure your installation is not corrupt"

I have completed a full uninstall and install a total of five times and still get this message. Incidentally, I get the same message when trying to run the Editor.

I have searched the internet for a solution, it appears that this is a common problem for mac users, but nothing has been resolved.

I have played championship/football manager for nearly 15 years and never had any problems. I have also sent an email to SEGA about the problem and not even received an acknowledgement. I'm totally frustrated by this and the fact that I have to use STEAM; the most counter intuitive program ever- I can't even install from the disc, because being a mac user I have to download it each time!

Someone please help, otherwise I'm sending this back to the shop...

• 4 weeks later...
I purchased the game a week ago and have been trying to play it but keep getting the following error message:"warning - failed to find a default database to use. Please make sure your installation is not corrupt"

I have completed a full uninstall and install a total of five times and still get this message. Incidentally, I get the same message when trying to run the Editor.

I have searched the internet for a solution, it appears that this is a common problem for mac users, but nothing has been resolved.

I have played championship/football manager for nearly 15 years and never had any problems. I have also sent an email to SEGA about the problem and not even received an acknowledgement. I'm totally frustrated by this and the fact that I have to use STEAM; the most counter intuitive program ever- I can't even install from the disc, because being a mac user I have to download it each time!

Someone please help, otherwise I'm sending this back to the shop...

excuse me but I've got the same problem... what is the solution ??

(sorry for my english, it's not my language...)

Verify Game Cache:

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

88589882.jpg

If it still doesn't work after you have verified it once, try again a few times (like 5-10 times more)

Archived