Selling John Terry

So I'm trying to sell Terry in my first season at Chelsea.

His general happiness is Expecting to leave the club in the near future and there's been a personal chat where I've told him he can go.

The only problem is when I offer him out to other clubs I get a message back saying; Terry Determined to stay - Terry's determination to see out his playing career at Chelsea is a major contributing factor to the lack of interest from other teams.

Anyone had this and found a way to get rid?

Well I wouldn't mind if that's what it said. But with it saying that he's determined to stay one minute and asking to leave the next I don't really know what to do... Ah well he will have to stay in the reserves I suppose...

Offer him a new contract. Lower his wages as much as you can and give his agent a massive fee, team of the year bonus to be massive and add "wage after 20 games to put a high wage back on him. He should accept then. Then offer him out. I have tested this. You offer him out, no ones. Edit his contract into reduce the weekly wage and then all of a sudden a handful of clubs come in.

I took over Chelsea in the 3rd season and currently into my 2nd season with them. I have taken over the 1st teams contract and my way of getting rid of Terry, Lampard and A.Cole is to let their contract run out end of this season as no takers, the same for Torres who has one more year left and rotting in the reserves.

I will say though when they do play they do play really well and all average over 7.3 for the season with 8 games to go but their wages are almost around 500k+ but I want to rejuvenate the team with younger players.

Selling Terry though would be a problem as he's a club legend so to avoid problems that's why I let their contacts run out.

This is something that has always annoyed me about FM. Roy Keane would have had massive loyalty stats but when he was no longer needed, he moved to Celtic. If Terry, Lampard, Cole and Torres were told they were not needed, I would bet my house on the fact that some teams would place bids for them, and those players would move.

This is something that has always annoyed me about FM. Roy Keane would have had massive loyalty stats but when he was no longer needed, he moved to Celtic. If Terry, Lampard, Cole and Torres were told they were not needed, I would bet my house on the fact that some teams would place bids for them, and those players would move.

Interesting that you include Torres in the high loyalty list of players...!?

Cheers guys, will try the contract when I'm next on - although he hates me now so I'll have to see if he will accept... The annoying thing is though I have absolutely no doubt in real life if AVB told Terry he wasn't wanted there would be quite a few offers coming in and Terry would be on his way with a massive pay off.

Selling John Terry

Make a film with this name, please. An eccentric millionaire buys the rights to John Terry with his investment fund, and when he dies his wife, three delinquent sons and one daughter take control of the fund and the rights to John Terry and have to SELL JOHN TERRY. The film may feature Steve Carrel, a yellow Volkswagen camper and scenes where they literally push John Terry around on a cart, meanwhile resolving the emotional issues that kept them all apart.

Interesting that you include Torres in the high loyalty list of players...!?
And Cole!

I have no doubts that Cole and Terry would stick with Chelsea even if they weren't playing. Cole might move abroad if a "retirement club" offered him a lot of money but I reckon Terry would let his contract run out. Torres would leave, but only if the wages were close to his at Chelsea. Lampard would be the keenest to get first team football.

And Cole!

I have no doubts that Cole and Terry would stick with Chelsea even if they weren't playing. Cole might move abroad if a "retirement club" offered him a lot of money but I reckon Terry would let his contract run out. Torres would leave, but only if the wages were close to his at Chelsea. Lampard would be the keenest to get first team football.

You really think they would happily see out their contracts if Chelsea for whatever reason said they would never play for the club again? Even if that were true - clubs would defintely try their luck with a bid.

You really think they would happily see out their contracts if Chelsea for whatever reason said they would never play for the club again? Even if that were true - clubs would defintely try their luck with a bid.

Clubs don't "Try their luck with bids in FM" they only bid if they have a realistic chance of signing the player.

For Terry this means the only clubs with a realistic chance are Real, Barcelona, Inter, AC Milan and possibly Bayern but you are then dependent on those clubs actually wanting Terry.

Well I in my game now Lampard (36) and A.Cole (34) have just a month to go in their contracts, Ashley is to retire a week before the contract runs out.

Lampard is on 69k per week and Cole 125k p/w.

Now Terry (34) and Torres (31) have 1 year left and they also will be leaving at the end of their contracts. Terry currently earns 125k p/w and Torres 175k p/w.

I've tried to sell Torres but only 1 taker at the start of last season so he wanted me to keep paying him for 2 more years which was more than I was offered to offload him...no chance.

Like I said no chance of selling Terry without things kicking off. To see if this is true I saved the game and then attempted to sell Terry with one year left but he went mental so it's pointless unless you want to upset team moral.

It's just sad that these sort of players cannot be sold on FM due to their wages and standing (eg legends) with their current club.

This is definitely where FM falls down. In real life, I'm pretty sure Terry would move on if he was forced out, just like Roy Keane.

The only reason Giggs, Scholes and Neville stayed is because they have been played right up until the end. If Terry wasn't played, and the manager actively wanted him out, he'd go, and not necessarily to a big European team. He might consider the Celtic's and Rangers and even teams like Tottenham and Villa. I hate how FM forces you to keep some players!

Archived