So my laptop stopped working.

About 10 days ago, my laptop stopped working. I took it in to a computer technician and he reckons my hard drive died (he wouldn't open it because that would void my warranty).

I'll be sending it in to get it repaired but that means that anything I had on there will be erased. That includes my FM10 save that I''ve been playing for almost 2 years now. It was the longest save I have ever had in any football manager game I've played.

This is the longest I've ever gone without playing FM :D

Sigh....

Now I may consider buying playing FM12. Of course when I get my laptop back.

To avoid losing your game in future. Download a program like Dropbox. That will put a folder on in your My Documents folder, and if you save to there then it will automatically backup when you're online.

This is great if you have no Upload or Download limit on your computer.

The other option is to save to a USB external drive or at least do a backup of the file to an extrnal usb or hard drive when you're finished playing.

Nothing worse than losing a great save like that.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm back in business. Got my laptop back and its all fixed up now.

Bad news is it was the hard drive that went poop so my save is lost. Good news is I still have a working laptop :D

So as soon I wake up, I will install FM10 (I don't have 11 or 12), get all the updates for it, find me the J-League database I was using, and start another epic save :thup:

Archived