Did the "morale fix" go overboard

Played a pretty good game before the 12.1.1 patch, nothing over the top but still an enjoyable game with competitive and evenly played matches. Sure morale was abit too easy to control but I tried not to take too much advantage of that and istead said what I felt instead of what I knew would keep my players happy.

After the patch there doesn't seem to be anyway to even get through to the players unless you want them relaxed that one seems to be the only reaction you can get. Recently took over at Millwall who was struggling in league one despite having the team and capability to be topping the league. The teams morale was pretty much very poor all over the board with one or two poor.

Setting out to try and raise the morale of the team I try to boost their confident without praising bad perfomances, I still want it clear what I expect from my players. No matter how many greene reactions and players looking motivated and happy and all that their morale never seem to go up. Holding a team meeting with almost full green bars all over the board hasn't raised morale one bit and they keep losing to teams that isn't even half as good as they are. Been considering different styles of play and tried small tweaks here and there to try and sort the problems that are obvious. Not much I can do with the tactics since there isn't players to cover much else, since it seems they had a team that was made for a certain tactic.

As it is now if they get the ball in an attacking position the walk up to 30 yards from the goal and blasts it high and wide, none are asked to take a long shots they are even discouraged from it. Seems their lack of confidence make them want to get rid of the ball as soon as possible.

If my defensive players take the ball they seem to freeze and don't know what to do with it, they can't even clear it properly even if they aren't under pressure.

The game has gone from fun and decently challanging (was a bit too easy if you exploited the morale) to something that I'm starting to find boring and utterly stupid. It seems they fixed the problems with the ME creating too much chances and upsetting the community with having 30 shots on goal only scoring 2 or 3 to lets not create anything at all, noone can moan about goalratio if they don't create any chances and the easiest way to do that is to cripple the players to fools without a logic thought in a season and total disrespect for their orders that are trembling with fear as soon as they see the ball withing their field of play.

Archived