Next Gen Series - Help please!

As someone who loves developing youth talents in the game i would love my team to be involved in the next gen series.

I'm currently Brighton - have won the prem and champions league for the last 3 seasons have all top facilities etc and don't even get a sniff at the next gen series...

How do you qualify?

Is it possible to manipulate the game to get me into the competition (FMRTE or something?)

Ta,

• 4 weeks later...

Right going to try this one more time..... I really want to play my youth in this tournament

I won everything last season - All English Cups - Prem, Coca Cola, FA, plus Champs League, Super Cup and World Club Cup

My reserves won their league

My U-18s won their league and the U-18 cup

Yet Arsenal are the only English team in the Next Gen (I'm Brighton) - this is doing my head in now.

Is there any way to force qualification through FMRTE??

not sure how to get into it tbh, i was playing as Aston Villa who are entered from the first season (because they are entered in real life) and was never again entered into the comp in my 7 seasons with the club,

strange really since we are pretty much nailed on to be in the comp again in 2012-13, we reached qtr final in real life losing to Marseille in extra time, also comp is expanding to 24 teams and we have one of best academies in England

been playing as Chelsea for 3 seasons (same save as the Villa one) and won Prem, Reserves and U18 last season and have not been entered, also have pretty awesome facilities since Chelsea have money and i upgraded them all (junior, youth coaching and facilities)

You can find out more about it on Wikipedia here. It's invite-only. My Blades side qualified once I'd got in to the top half of the Premiership and got top drawer youth facilities. I *believe* the latter is the key.

That's what I like to hear, a fellow Blade taking on the world :)

There are a few things that are taken into account when selecting which teams enter the competition each season in game.

This includes their youth recruitment, coaching and facilities as well as their performance in their youth/reserve league the previous. The standing of the senior squad is also taken into account.

To me that sounds quite simply this, invitations are given out based on the reputation of your youth squad. (yes, each of your squads has a different reputation value, you can check it using FM Scout, and opening the 'squad reputation' column in the player search screen)

Archived