What age to start allowing players to go out on loan.

I play as Roma and I have players who are getting offers for loans but are still a part of the under-20 team. I know Italy is different than say England where players get promoted from the youth team after 18. I'm obviously confident in some of my guys right now going on loan but what so some of you do when you have Youth teams that go up to the U-20 level but you have 18/19 year olds who are getting loan offers???? thanks.

but mind the 3 years between 15-21 for HG qualification! I have had several offers for my Rangers youngsters but won't let them go til they qualify as HG at the club.

Loans in the same nation still count towards this, do they not?

Anyway, my policy for loans in Italy (I play with Roma as well) is split into two parts in FM12: development loans and investment loans.

Development loans are those for players who I think could make it in the first team, but need a lot of game time and are unlikely to get it at my team at the current time. I try to get these players tutored to improve their personality and ensure they'll profit from the game time they get. I generally loan these out to a feeder club with a manager who is good in Motivating, Man Management and Working With Youngsters and only loan them to clubs which say they'll become a valuable member of the first team or a reliable feeder club.

Investment loans are for the kind of player that I've gotten in below market value and who I'll look to turn a quick profit on because they'll never make the first team. I want these players playing so that their value is maximised, but they don't necessarily have to play well so the choice of manager isn't important. I offer them on loan and accept any offers which pormise first team games.

I am playing in England and the earliest age the 'Offer to Loan' out the players option becomes available is when they are 17 years old. Can't get them out on loan before that.

And yes, I would always encourage them to go out on loan ASAP :)

Archived