Your Son on FM

I got a son. He is a very bad prospect and he keeps complaining about his training load. So seems pretty realistic to me.

I wonder if I will find my game wife divorcing me when I fail to sign him to a professional contract.

No idea what triggers it.

I finally found a player with my last name,, and my last name isnt all that common. However I wasnt on his favoured list andhe wasnt on mine, He had English nationality, Mine is Australian despite managing Liverpool for 4-5 seasons

you need to of course:

a) be at a club a long time

b) become of an age that one would expect you to have a 15/16 year old son

I've played this since the first and have never seen it but it does happen!

you need to of course:

a) be at a club a long time

b) become of an age that one would expect you to have a 15/16 year old son

I've played this since the first and have never seen it but it does happen!

No you don't!

Its a random chance every time a youth intake is calculated at a club you are managing. There is no requirement to have been at a club a fixed period of time or be of an age range.

No you don't!

Its a random chance every time a youth intake is calculated at a club you are managing. There is no requirement to have been at a club a fixed period of time or be of an age range.

Well Im not sure that is correct unless its changed recently. My post above was certainly how it used to work. Would be weird with a 20 year old manager having a 15 year old son dont you think! I'd like SI to comment on this to be sure

Well Im not sure that is correct unless its changed recently. My post above was certainly how it used to work. Would be weird with a 20 year old manager having a 15 year old son dont you think! I'd like SI to comment on this to be sure

Posts #9, #14 & #23 from Riz in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230409-FM2011-Son-thread-Keep-everything-regarding-sons-in-here!?highlight=sons

Thanks for this. I see the odds but what Riz doesn't say is if there are other factors like age and club tenure, this used to factors. I guess I'll keep waiting just in case a son turns up :D

Are we sure that 'son' cannot be another relative, ie brother, cousin, nephew, fifth cousin six times removed etc?

There's plenty of those in football, after all - Frank Lampard, Jr. and Jamie Redknapp spring to mind.

Thanks for this. I see the odds but what Riz doesn't say is if there are other factors like age and club tenure, this used to factors. I guess I'll keep waiting just in case a son turns up :D

Although he doesn't say it clearly he did say this in post #23:

Every manager in the game has the same chance of getting a newgen created that is basically his "son"

I had a son on last years FM, came through at my career game with Atletico Madrid. He was pretty good but with the world beating team I had at the time I decided to sell him to see how far he could go. He went to Palermo and then on to Chelsea making around 40 appearances for Spain. I eventually bought him back when he was 30 for a small fee because there wasn't any right wingers around at the time I needed one.

I have one on this save.He is a horrible goalkeeper. Despite giving him appereances he doesn't even sign a professional contract :eek:.

I think he knows he sucks but he is my son and if i release him he won't find any club being so bad :D

When creating your manager you should maybe be able to choose your ethnicity. That way when/if your son is produced he would resemble a similar ethnicity as yourself.

There could be other factors aswell which influence that ethnicity of your son, however, I guess these would have to be looked into further.

in a previous version of FM I had french player and next year in the youth intake his brother comes (they had each other fav personnel, and born in the same city), it was the year where AI had sons too (everybody had sons except me :( )

since then I haven't seen any AI son, or regen brothers, and it is a looooong time

I don't think I've ever played past game year 2020, ever. I always accept job offers and once I get a top team to manage I quickly get bored and start a new game in 3/4 catagory.

So I've never had a son, nor am I likely to.

What happens if you have dual nationality and are managing in a country that is neither of your nationalities, and always have done?

Would your son have be eligible for 3 countries, or would it ignore one? If so, which?

The regen would have all the 3 nationalities and will be born in the town where your current club is, for example if you are Brazilian and Portuguese and you are managing Real Madrid he will be born in Madrid and will have Brazilian, Portuguese and Spanish citizenships.

I am 100% sure that the regen will be eligible for your primary Nation and for the Nation where he is born, for the second Nation of the manager I am not sure

Archived