injury model unrealistic?

i've always thought that the way the game handles injury prone players is a bit weird, these players can blow their knee in one injury and then crack their skull in the next, which is quite unrealistic, usually injury prone players have a certain part of their body that causes them problems their whole careers.

what i thought about is that instead of just randomly saying that player x is injury prone, you can have the scout/physio tell you that he has a problematic left knee/right ankle/lower back/etc... and that most of his injuries should be related to that particular area of his body.

i know it's not that important or game braking or anything, but these little cosmetic things make the immersion much better imo :thup:

Well currently I believe the injury system is split between impact & non-impact (Strains etc) and then a weighted random.

Your suggestion would definitely be a step in the right direction, I think its just a case of how many extra calculations it would take and if it would slow the game down significantly.

Archived