Daniel Villalva... WHO???

Alright so I'm in my 8th season with Dover. I was able to buy this Daniel Villalva for £11.5M ... scouting report said he's best as ST (Poacher), exact fit in my 4-2-2-2 formation. In all my years of FM, never heard about him until now... and man is he good...

5'2 maestro!

danielvillalvaoverviewa.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This got me the Double Hat-Trick achievement on Steam!

standardvdoverinformati.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dover? Wow!

Yup! Very proud actually with this save... My first successful LLM!!! Absolutely NO EDITS whatsoever to the database, stats or what not. I took Dover from 6th tier in England cuz I wanted the England Hero Achievement! :p One promotion after another thanks to luck and free transfers. Spent two seasons in the Championship before being promoted to the Premier League! In my 2nd season now in the EPL!

... and he is uncapped. How on earth is that possible? AI managers must be looking solely on reputation rather than stats.

Nice that you pointed that out! Very true in fact. With my whole dover squad, only one is a full international. The others have been beating it out with the U20s etc. This guy definitely deserves a call up!

What DB are you playing with. I have national reputation players and he doesn't come up in my game!?

He's likely to be in the FM12 database with many or mostly 0 attribute ratings, including PA. 0 = random. That means with him and many other players, in 99% of saves he'll be mediocre or rubbish (and only show up if you load all players), and very occasionally in one person's save he'll turn out to be a star. This random aspect for players who are real but young and not well-known is great because it makes a new lower league save unpredictable and fresh.

what club does he start at as he does not appear on my game

River Plate in Argentina

And he always has the same stats at the start of a game it seems. He always develops well too, I got him at Santos. Scores for fun.

How does he get a work permit for Dover, then?

Work permits appear to be 100% random after the latest patch.

Me and my brother play a network game in the premier league and this amazing Argentinian regen appeared that we both went for. He never got a permit for me though, then a year later when he was 18 and able to transfer my brother tried, he failed to get a permit again. I tried again 3 in game days after he failed to obtain a permit for my brother and he got one on the first attempt.

His reputation was still low, he had only played 1 U21 international at that time and he had a small reputation so it couldn't have been that which got him the permit.

Then i tried to sign a 18year old Argentinian goalkeeper who had played 0 internationals at any level and he got a permit on the first try, again his rep was tiny.

Both times i fully expected to be refused permits, i only bid for both to see how much wages they would want.

I signed him in FM10 and he was probably the best player in the world on my save. I looked for him on FM12 but I couldn't find him, do you have to have Argentina loaded for him to appear?

Didn't have Argentina loaded though but I did use LARGE database in the settings. Not sure if that counts.

How does he get a work permit for Dover, then?

I noticed that work permits are very much a function of the team's reputation. In the lower leagues and even during my first season in the EPL, all my work permit applications got rejected. However in my second season in the EPL, I started getting work permits on appeal. Only players I still get a rejection are players from the MLS in the States.

Work permits appear to be 100% random after the latest patch.

Me and my brother play a network game in the premier league and this amazing Argentinian regen appeared that we both went for. He never got a permit for me though, then a year later when he was 18 and able to transfer my brother tried, he failed to get a permit again. I tried again 3 in game days after he failed to obtain a permit for my brother and he got one on the first attempt.

His reputation was still low, he had only played 1 U21 international at that time and he had a small reputation so it couldn't have been that which got him the permit.

Then i tried to sign a 18year old Argentinian goalkeeper who had played 0 internationals at any level and he got a permit on the first try, again his rep was tiny.

Both times i fully expected to be refused permits, i only bid for both to see how much wages they would want.

Just out of curiosity, what team were you using? How many stars were the reputation? Cuz I really think that has something to do with it.

Archived