Best Free Transer

As it stands, it's easily Clarence Seedorf, second season into FM12. For Heerenveen. Only one season as a player though, even if he could easily have had a second season for us. He's still part of my coaching staff though!

Agustin Torassa (Argintine Striker) has also proved to be a stroke of brilliance if I say so myself.

Marco Materazzi at Derby from the very first pre-season, only wanted £3.5k a week! Signed him for £4k a week as Basel were interested and obviously offering a bit more in wages gets a deal signed quicker.

Couldn't believe i'd got him, what a player.

Materazzi is crazy, i have him on my blackpool save, set him to near post corners, and penaltys. brought him on in a cup game for the shootout :D

i got kagawa for united as well. problem is he cant play in my formation. which is a pain.

jamil adam form everything not championship or higher

Just a bit of fun, I'd like to know who's the best player you've ever signed on a cheeky freebie,

I Just signed Shinji Kagawa for my Everton team at the end of my second season, bargain :lol:

Good luck with that, he's infuriatingly mercurial in my Arsenal team (also came in for free). My coaches think he's one of my best players but he only performs 1 game in 5!

Going back many years... A Slovenian regen called Matjaz Novak on CM03/04. Best player ever, signed for free aged 21 from some Slovenian side after his contract expired and was still a world class central midfielder aged 36. Amazing.

Good luck with that, he's infuriatingly mercurial in my Arsenal team (also came in for free). My coaches think he's one of my best players but he only performs 1 game in 5!

Yeah my original intention was to wait until January then flog him to bring some money in, but then a goal, an assist and MOTM performance on his debut has pursuaded me to give him a bit more time, if he turns out a flop its not like its a big loss haha :lol:

casalinuvo is alright, didn't think much of him when i had him up front with jamil adam (what a pair) but after a while he became a very handy player feeding passes through to adam. and scoring when adam was not playing. so yea, dunfirmline currently trying to get him off me.. i though feeder clubs gave me players.. but yea i see enough in him to carry on using him.

Marc-André ter Stegen; he turns into a beast of a goalkeeper. He was the world 11 keeper in either his first or second season with me (signed him when he was around 24). He's been the first player in my team ever since :D

Not a free transfer, but bought him for 17.5million pounds in my first season with Arsenal after finding Hugo Llrois too expensive......into my 12th season now and still da best GK, planning on playing him till he breaks David O'Leary's Club record of 500+ league appearances :) still only 30 years old now :)

Jamil Adam. Absolute beast.

I second that. Got him in my first save with York City in the BSP. Best player ive ever gotten for my Lower league saves. Scored at least 20 every season. Very consistent too

Cant get him to sign for my FC United team in L2 though (my beloved save ill never delete)

Damian Casalinuovo, beast for me.

Second this, signed him with Koroma and Counago in the BSS and he averaged more than a goal a game for me over two seasons as well as chipping in with a few assists. Did well in League Two as well, then he couldn't cut it in League One so got £100k for him from LDU Quito, where he has since flopped and been sent out on loan to some Albanian side.

Enzo Scorza also got a ridiculous fifteen assists and two goals in two games for me in the BSS on a save I didn't continue. He might have turned out to be the best freebie ever if he kept that form up.

I'm still only 3/4 of the way through my first season, Evo-Stik Div.1 North. During preseason I did a player search to build my tiny squad up a bit, I was very short on front men so needed a couple to replace the old crabbers that where already there. I liked the look of this bloke 'Fergus Bell (20yrs)' and signed him up totally free as an out of contract player who couldn't find a club. So far he's scored 43 goals in 32 matches and his value as shot up from £0 to £35000.

Damian Casalinuvo, beast for me.

Ah, not just me then. Came to my BSN side at the start of my save and has been top scorer and fans' favourite for 3 seasons now. Mr Dependable.

Edit: Hmm, just secured League 2 title with a few games to go. Robsy saying he's found his ceiling and doesn't cut it at League 1 - will keep an eye out for that.

Archived