Zombies by their very nature are inconsistent, they're a mishmash of different bits.

CityAndColour

After the sad demise of my previous thread, due to computer issues, I'm back with a new English lower league save. I'm using Uncle Ron's database for levels seven and eight of the English league pyramid. This can be found here[/b'>

Version: 12.1.1

Leagues: English leagues down to level eight, A-League

Database: Large, all players from levels 7-8 loaded

---

Enfield Town F.C.

Enfield_Town_FC.gif

Enfield Town F.C. is an English football club from Enfield Town, Greater London. Established in 2001 as a fan-led breakaway from Enfield FC, the club currently play in Division One North of the Isthmian League and are based at the Queen Elizabeth II stadium.

The club badge features the Enfield beast.

Wikipedia

enfieldinfo.jpg

enfieldfacilities.jpg

There are no real aims, just to get the club as far as I can. No moving clubs unless I get sacked, but I can apply for International management if desired. The usual rules for signing players, in that they must be scouted or on trial before they are eligible to be signed.

Anyway this thread will follow the same format of my previous thread, with January and end of season updates, league winners/promotions/relegations for all playable, and any other in-game news/events which I think are worth sharing.

We go into the first season predicted to finish 3rd, with the board expecting a title challenge. A wage budget of £100 per week to accomplish this means non-contract will be the way to go.

My assistant manager is beside himself that we only have one tactic prepared.

Good luck with this, I remember Enfield as a Conference side some years ago. Not sure whats happened to them since then.

---

During the early 1980s, Enfield was among the strongest Conference sides, winning the title in 1982–83 and 1985–86, and the FA Trophy in 1981–82 and 1987–88. Their form slipped and they were relegated to the Isthmian League in 1990. Despite a run of seven consecutive top-three finishes they remained in that league, being denied promotion after winning the title in 1995 because the Football Conference were not satisfied with the club's financial credentials.

Ironically, they won their most recent Conference title in the final season of the re-election system, in which the Football League members had to vote on whether or not to replace one of the bottom four teams in the Fourth Division with the champions of the highest non-league division. As had happened three years earlier, the league members voted against Enfield joining their ranks.

Link.

January 2012 Update

january12.jpg

A hectic first half of the season. In the league we've had countless games postponed, mostly due to cup games, and we sit within reaching distance of top spot. We won nine of our first ten but have struggled a bit since then, getting into a cycle of poor morale and "playing nervously" which has been hard to shake, however we brought in the new year with a last-minute win against title favourites Grays, after playing 75% of the game with ten men.

Somehow we've already played 32 games in all competitions, and have another eight league games in January, so there has been no opportunity at all to rest key players.

Season Review 2011/12

finale1112.jpg

A fairly disappointing end to a frustrating season. We played 54 games in all, which obviously took it's toll on a part time squad, and I had plenty of issues with morale and motivation as well. We limped into the playoffs and were by far the better side against Great Wakering, but couldn't find a second goal and lost on penalties.

Cups

FA Cup - 3rd Qualifying Round, lost on penalties in a replay at Hednesford, who are a level above us.

Alan Boon Cup - 1st Round, lost to Merstham

Middlesex Senior Challenge Cup 2nd Round, lost to Harefield

FA Trophy - 1st Round, lost at BSP side Tamworth

Players of note

Just the two here. Former Aston Villa youth product Kofi Poyser bagged 29 goals before damaging cruciate ligaments. He is out for 11 months which is sad as it means his contract won't be renewed. Winger Shin David scored 12 and assisted 16 to be the other stand out.

Next Season

Hopefully promotion, but I've documented my struggles with morale on this forum and it's proving to be a tough nut to crack.

---

2011/12 - Ryman Isthmian Division One North - 4th (lost in playoff semis)

Premier League: Man Utd (QPR, Blackburn, Swansea)

Championship: West Ham; Cardiff, Burnley (Nottingham Forest, Doncaster, Crystal Palace)

League One: Sheff Utd; Brentford, Sheff Wed (Leyton Orient, Bury, Notts County, Yeovil)

League Two: Swindon; Northampton, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers (Accrington, Crewe)

Blue Square Premier: Mansfield; Wrexham (Grimbsy, Ebbsfleet, Southport, Barrow)

Blue Square North: Bishop's Stortford; Gloucester (Guisley, Harrogate, Colwyn Bay)

Blue Square South: Boreham Wood; Welling (Staines, Dorchester, Tonbridge)

Ryman Isthmian Premier: Lowestoft; Carshalton (Met Police, Hastings, Leatherhead, Aveley)

Evo-Stik Southern Premier: Brackley;Chippenham (Hitchin, Cambridge City, Bashley, Redditch)

Evo-Stik Northern Premier: West Ham; Cardiff, Burnley (Chasetown, Mickleover, Burscough, Stocksbridge)

Evo-Stik Div 1 North: AFC Fylde; Woodley Sports (Osset Albion, Clitheroe)

Evo-Stik Div 1 South: Ilkeston; Newcastle Town (Shepshed, Lincoln Utd)

Ryman Isthmian Div 1 North: Grays; Great Wakering (Potters Bar, Redbridge)

Ryman Isthmian Div 1 South: Ramsgate; Eastbourne Town (Whyteleafe, Burgess Hill)

Evo-Stik Southern Div 1 Central: St Neots; Slough (Barton Rovers, AFC Hayes)

Evo-Stik Southern Div 1 South/West: Sholing; Didcot (North Leigh)

---

FA Cup: Liverpool (Brighton)

League Cup: Man City (Norwich)

Johnstone's Paint: Colchester (Tranmere)

FA Trophy: Lincoln (Mansfield)

---

Champions League: Barcelona (Man City)

Europa League: CSKA Moscow (Dynamo Kiev)

Super Cup: Barcelona (Porto)

Archived