The Next Step ...

This new patch is actually a breath of fresh air, because now its a challenge whereas before, it was too easy.

So, now I have embraced it. I have got right into it and started to watch my matches now where before I watched in match commentary mode, click and continue.

I now micro manage my save.

Yes, there are annoying parts with small bugs here and there, but I do enjoy it.

I haven't managed to win the title since the new patch but have come 3rd twice since I realised there was a new patch. (I came 5th when I realised something was 'wrong')

I'm Spurs in about 2015/16 and I have a very good team. (Stegen, Baines, Robinson (Jack), Kjaer, Shawcross, Cahill, Walker, Fabio, Bale, Modric, De Jong, Hazard, Tevez, Damiao, Niang, Muniain, Thiago etc)

The only problem I am having and its causing me some difficulty is not being able to mount a challenge towards the end of the season. I seem to drift from the leader and fall 10 pts apart.

Man Utd won ALL their 19 games at home. Ironically, I thought it was my away form, but I was 3rd above all the big guns. It was my home form but that wasn't actually that bad. It was the draws.

So, I have become slightly disilussioned as I really want to take it to the next step, but I've stagnated.

I am trying really hard to combat the AI tactics, use common sense approach with team talks etc but still cannot find that extra stuff to win those vital matches.

I create my own tactics which therefore, I assume I cannot use 'shouts', is this true? Do I have to use 'default' custom tactics to be able to use 'shouts' ???

Do I need to use 'shouts' to suceed?

FYI, I've played FM/CM since the 90's, read the forums re tactics and use my own football knowledge etc.

Please guide/assist me in what I'm doing wrong.

Many thanks

Archived