Non-Contract players getting offeres from other clubs

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere; I searched...

I have several non-contract players on my side, and after a successful season, several of the better ones are getting contract offers. When they do, I offer them new non-contracts with a little more per-appearance. They've all accepted my offer and stayed, so far. But a week later, the same club will try again, and I raise their wage again. Each time I go to offer, they say all they want is their current deal, but I'm afraid if I don't give 'em a raise or at least make them a counter-offer, they'll leave, thinking I don't care.

Question: Do I have to make a counter-offer every time someone comes in for these guys? Or will they stay if their current deal is already good enough without direct input from me?

When it comes to Amateur contracts for players, anything can happen. I have had players that I don't mind losing rejecting contract offers to stay, I have had players agree my counter offer at what they want, I've had players reject my improved offer.

All depends on the player and the opposition club rep and status. If a club that is professional comes in for a player then it is more likely the player will opt for a full-time contract

What would be interesting to see is if you added a manager to a club a division or two higher & offered a contract to one of your players would they discuss terms or do you get the red not interesting contract page.

What would be interesting to see is if you added a manager to a club a division or two higher & offered a contract to one of your players would they discuss terms or do you get the red not interesting contract page.

I very, very much doubt anyone would refuse a contract offer from a club in a higher division. I'm pretty sure I even tried during a test to offer a contract to someone who disliked the club I was managing, and he STILL wanted to come.

I'm managing Aberystwyth so I have had this issue. Lost some players but if there is a player you don't want to lose for a free then give him a part time contract.

Can't offer P/T. The only P/T contracts allowed are for <24 year-olds with squad status "Hot Prospect" or "Youngster", and those are only 2-year max. My squad captain is a 32-year-old DC who could play in BSP (I'm in level 7). He is making e500 per appearance with Key Player, though... not many semi-pro teams gonna challenge that, me thinks...

Archived