FM10.3: Staff question?

Hi there, quick question regarding FM10.3 and staff. Perhaps this issue is different in FM11 and FM12, but FM11 I tried but did not like, and FM12 I have not bought.

I was playing my long term FM10.3 save in which I slowly worked my way up the ladder through lower leagues in Holland with Automatic status, then I managed in the Premiership in Scotland, all the way up to Continental status and I managed to score the position of manager of Real Madrid in 2024.

After 4 years in, in 2028, I was looking for a new fitness coach for the club, as the previous fitness coach retired. My reputation had since increased to World Class, and Real was rated the #1 most rich club and highest rated club in the world.

I found a just retired ex-UK premiership player with extremely nice staff ratings for a fitness coach. His Staff Roles said Manager / Assistant Manager and Coach, and since he only just retired, I was hopefull that I'd be able to sign him. The Coach bar was pretty close to the far end, but just slightly less than Manager and Assistant Manager.

Alas... he refused to talk about a coach position though, even if I paid him the max I could offer him, which was a ridiculous ammount of money of atleast 90k a week, which would have been more than I was paying all other Real Madrid's staff combined. I've tried to talk to him for the next few seasons, hoping he'd change his mind somehow. He stayed unemployed the entire time. Eventually in 2031 he retired because he wasn't offered a managerial position anywhere.

Is there something I can do besides editing (which I have no idea how to do as I have never done that before) to convince future staff members who act similary to join me instead?

And second question, does staff take in account a club's stature when they are approached for a position which doesn't cater to their highest Staff Role in FM10.3? I would really like to know.

Apology in advance if my english wasn't correct somewhere in the post, it's not my first language.

Have a nice day :)

I'm afraid, there's nothing you can do.

Some staff people have extremely high demands in terms of money and/or position. If you as Real Madrid cannot convice someone to sign on 90k a week, then it's broken beyond the user's influence :(

Archived