Adebayor and Spurs in general

Im an Arsenal fan so never go Spurs but thought Id give it a shot as a second team but they are doing my head in

Adebayor has a negative reaction to every single team talk and plays crap

Defoe is garbage every game

The defence cant keep a clean sheet most likely down to the strikers been garbage

Im playing an identical tactic with Sampdoria and because their players pay attention Ive won 7 out of 8 conceeding 1 goal

Anyway to stop them all been mardarses?

As a Spurs fan and one who has had some success with them I would suggest you focus on their strength in midfield. 4-4-1-1with VDV or Modric in the hole behind the striker. Play a wide expansive fluid passing approach. I also find Dos Santos excellent in this game so use him as well out on the right. Use Sandro and Parker as your ball winners in the middle and if anything sell Huddlestone and invest in a good box to box CM who you can play next to Parker or Sandro. Modric plays well in this position as well.

agree with Robbie that you need to be playing 5 midfielders and a lone striker. Even back up midfielders like Pienaar and Kranjcar are more than good enough to do a job if and when you needed to play them. Up front Adebayor is only on loan, Defoe and Pavyluchenko are both rather hit and miss in my opinion.

Looks like I will have to develop a 4-5-1, Im playing 4-2-4 at the moment

I sign Jonathan Walters, Shaqiri and Aly Cissokho and sold Gomes, Pavyluchenko and Dos Santos, oh and loaned Lennon out

Im struggling to get a partenership between Defoe Adebayor and Walters plus Harry Kane lol so 4-5-1 looks the answer till I can sell some more

Adebayor is one of my favourite players on this new FM. Play him as a lone poacher with direct passing and you'll reap the rewards because he's quick to get on through balls and great in the air. Players with high pace, acceleration, strength and heading all together are always hard to come by in my opinion. Only problem for me is he has the work rate of fat man.

Adebayor is one of my favourite players on this new FM. Play him as a lone poacher with direct passing and you'll reap the rewards because he's quick to get on through balls and great in the air. Players with high pace, acceleration, strength and heading all together are always hard to come by in my opinion. Only problem for me is he has the work rate of fat man.

Might have to get rid then, I play a short passing game

You won't have to get rid, I played him with a short passing 4-4-2 and he was brilliant. I also used him as a lone striker and he scored just as many, his physical attributes along with decent finishing make him one of the best strikers around.

Archived