Option to talk younger players into going on loan

As it stands it seems to be far too difficult to get your fringe players to agree to go on loan. I'm playing as Arsenal and have two Championship clubs - Charlton and Watford - as affiliate feeders. My squad is jam packed right now with potentially exciting 19, 20, and 21-year-olds who categorically refuse to go and play in the Championship. Can we please have an option for Private Chat under the Development tab where I can explain to them that they aren't likely to get a game this season, but that the Championship is a very competitive league and that the experience would be a great asset towards their progress? Surely it can't be that hard to implement?

I was thinking the same thing: there really should be a dialogue option when a player refuses to go on loan to a club where you could use your position and respect to convince him to go. If SI made sure that the "thinks he is too good to go on loan" personal happiness status isn't present for players that aren't good enough for league games at the club they're contracted to, that would be nice too.

This issue came up a lot on FM11, where young players would refuse to be tutored by respected veterans and be quite rude about it. There were of course the usual posts equating it to real life and justifying it happening 75% of the time too.

Can anyone imagine an 18-year-old saying "I'll be going now, I guess you'll be needing me for something else soon" to his gaffer?

Can anyone imagine an 18-year-old saying "I'll be going now, I guess you'll be needing me for something else soon" to his gaffer?

Gaffer: I do, thanks for reminding me. I believe there's a check in the front office for the rest of your contract, you may want to pick that up. I'll also be scheduling a press conference to let our fans know why you're no longer a "Hot Prospect" with our club. Hopefully other managers will take heed and think twice about signing a git like you. Have a nice day!

i do think the loan system needs fixing though.

players that play in the league often are turning up on loan in league 1 and championship is a bit silly (delfonso from villa, ranger and taylor from newcastle), these players should not be popping up there. but youth players refuse, i got mcechran and pogba on blackpool on loan.

east stirling has a keeper on loan at the start of the season, who is impossible to get back as the clubs rep is too low for him to extend the loan so refuses.

I was so frustrated with the inability to loan out players that I added managers to leagues that I would never see myself interested in managing in, France and Germany. I didn't particularly care how these leauges turned out and it didn't affect my game.

When I added managers here, I put in loan bids for the youth I wanted to loan out. The 4 players accepted the bids from PSG and Bayern. I then put both players in the teams in just those positions on the pitch, i.e., I put in just 2 loan players on the pitch formation, for both teams.

I then set the manager option to go on holiday indefinitely, and the "Pick this team" option so they always played.

It worked. Bit of a hassle setting it up. But the players got their game at PSG and Bayern as per my instructions. Both of those teams won their league too.

Definitely needs fixing. I cannot see the majority of youths telling any manager, even a fairly rookie level one, to basically get stuffed. Would that not be grounds for dismissal in most jobs?

I can only find one thing on line about a player refusing to go on loan

http://www.kickoff.com/news/24818/mamelodi-sundowns-coach-johan-neeskens-says-papi-zothwane-refused-game-time.php

Neeskens explains Papi's situation

Posted: 2011-10-11 11:04

Johan Neeskens says Papi Zothwane shot himself in the foot when he refused to go out on loan.

The Mamelodi Sundowns coach reveals to KickOff.com why Zothwane is not in his plans for this season.

Patrice Motsepe revealed recently his disatisfaction with the situation

"When we started with the pre-season unfortunately Papi was injured," Neeskens explains.

"We went for pre-season training in Swaziland and returned – Papi was still injured. So I never saw him play. I had to use the players I saw during training."

Neeskens says he offered Zothwane the opportunity to go out on loan, so that he could get some game-time and the opportunity to impress his coach, and possibly be recalled. But the player refused.

"I didn't see his quality but I knew he had a contract with Sundowns. I sat down with the club and said: 'Why can't we loan him because then I will be able to see him play and see his qualities?'

"Management agreed but Papi didn't want to go," Neeskens reveals.

Zothwane, Koketso Mmotong, Eduardo Ferreira and Tshepo Ramokala were all put on transfer before the window expired at the end of August, but opted not take their clearances, instead remaining on Sundowns payroll with no hope of catching a game.

Seems reasonable...

I used to encounter this problem in recent seasons. I was unable to get a couple of players to accept loan offers with only 'Listed for Loan' set

However, after setting them to also' Transfer Listed', the next time, the player happily left for loan.....hope this helps :)

Just set him to both 'Transfer Listed' as well as 'Listed for Loan' should do the trick, at least it works for me. There NO NEED to set him to 'Not Wanted by the Club'....I think doing that would severely damage his morale :D

Archived