I want to slap the National Team Manager

I expect we have all had it at some point. That National Manager whom you would swear blind is trying to thwart your Club endeavours. On my hit list at the moment is the Slovenia Manager, Matjaz Kek. I really want to put a boot up this guys ****, and here is the reason why.

I bought an extremely impressive young Slovenian AMC playing in Serie A, 24 years of age and very good stats across the board, not world class, but very good nonetheless. My intention was to eventually replace an aging Tim Cahill. At a cost of £4.7m, over 48 months I actually thought it was a bargain.

He arrived mid June, and began his settling in to a new club, played in a couple of friendlies and had his first run out in the season opener against Swansea. It is now the beginning of December, and my future key player, has made a total of six appearances in all competitions, three in the starting line up and three as a sub. The reason Matjaz Kek.

An unfortunate incident saw my young AMC, strain his knee in a Euro Cup match during September, this kept him sidelined for two weeks. Since that incident he has been unavailable to play due to being injured, as just as I get him back he gets called up for national duty and gets injured again. The most frustrating was the last one, having been put out for three weeks with a twisted ankle playing for his country, I received the word that he is once again fit enough and ready to resume full training. The next day whilst with the Slovenia Squad he tears his groin. :mad:

So three call ups for the national team and three times injured. I have been looking for the stop crippling my players button, but can't seem to find it :D. I did get the question asked in a Press Conference, as to how I feel about it, to which I cut loose. All it did was annoy my young AMC, as Kek, still thinks we could become friends. At the minute I don't like his chances. :herman:

I get really irritated by international managers abusing my players. Jelle Vossen has played 4 times for me this season (i'm in january now) because he gets getting played for Belgium when he isn't fit.

He got a 6week injury for me in my first league game, when it cleared he was jaded and i need of a long rest, yet he started Belgiums next match while in this jaded form. Guess what, another 6week injury. Same thing happened again the next time i got him back, he played for Belgium and got injured 30mins into the match, this time for 5weeks.

I really wish international managers had a bit of common sense. Obviously this is a real life debate that rages on continuously, Wenger especially gets annoyed at national teams selecting his players when not fully fit, but even in real life i'm not sure a manager would call up a player who hasn't played in nearly 2months and start him when he's barely fit enough to get himself out of bed in the morning.

Archived