What if Joey Barton could edit himself on Football Manager...

Did everybody see Joey Barton's tweets about managing himself on Football Manager 2012 today? If not, you really should.

They are displayed here in this quick blog I've put together imagining how Joey Barton might edit himself on FM12 given half a chance.

It's a bit silly, but hopefully people will enjoy it!

http://www.narrowtheangle.com/2012/01/what-if-joey-barton-could-edit-himself.html

I've just read them, and was highly amused to see it took him a mere THREE hours to go from "Might even download Football Manager 2012, is it any good?" to "Just had my 1st argument with myself on FM 2012."

From this we can conclude that Joey has a) good broadband, and b) no issues with Steam. Lucky boy.

I seen them, must be pleasing for the researcher to know he/she messed up :D

They didn't mess up.....Huyton isn't in the db, and Runcorn is the nearest place so that was used. Weight data fluctuates so I wouldn't be too harsh there either. As for height well these things are reported differently everywhere, and a decision has to be made somewhere......

They didn't mess up.....Huyton isn't in the db, and Runcorn is the nearest place so that was used. Weight data fluctuates so I wouldn't be too harsh there either. As for height well these things are reported differently everywhere, and a decision has to be made somewhere......

I'm sorry, Barton's right on this one.

Huyton is a suburb of Liverpool, Runcorn's on the other side of the Mersey! Widnes *IS* in the database and it's between Huyton and Runcorn, and if Liverpool wasn't to be used, then Prescott, which borders Huyton, is also in the database. Widnes, Liverpool and Prescot are all more relevant than Runcorn.

Barton's height and weight have been given as 5-11 (180cm) and 12-05 (80kg) in reputable sources like the Sky Sports Yearbook for a few years now, it's just out of date bad research. Don't defend it.

I'm sorry, Barton's right on this one.

Huyton is a suburb of Liverpool, Runcorn's on the other side of the Mersey! Widnes *IS* in the database and it's between Huyton and Runcorn, and if Liverpool wasn't to be used, then Prescott, which borders Huyton, is also in the database. Widnes, Liverpool and Prescot are all more relevant than Runcorn.

Barton's height and weight have been given as 5-11 (180cm) and 12-05 (80kg) in reputable sources like the Sky Sports Yearbook for a few years now, it's just out of date bad research. Don't defend it.

If it bothers you then have a word with the QPR researcher, but whether it was the City, the Newcastle or the QPR man who has determined this I don't know.

I didn't realise something being out of date equates to bad research - if it has never been flagged before then perhaps it's not the glaring error you think it to be - bearing in mind the wealth of information that is required of researchers I'm loathe to criticise on so trivial an issue.

If it bothers you then have a word with the QPR researcher, but whether it was the City, the Newcastle or the QPR man who has determined this I don't know.

I didn't realise something being out of date equates to bad research - if it has never been flagged before then perhaps it's not the glaring error you think it to be - bearing in mind the wealth of information that is required of researchers I'm loathe to criticise on so trivial an issue.

Lol, everybody's jumped on the accuracy thing and not noticed my childish Photoshopping of the screenshot.

Was meant to just give people a giggle, not cause arguments! Did anyone click the screenshot and see the, err, 'modifications'? :)

It will have been 'determined' at City probably, when he was added as 5-09 and 11-00 was the information correct as of 2002-03, going by the Rothmans for that season - the first edition he appeared in.

Things like pace and strength are very subjective traits researchers will dwell on, whereas getting right the biographical information is relatively straightforward as the information for Professional players in England is easy to obtain.

Fair point, wrong choice of words, i wonder if the researchers use twitter to ask Footballers questions about stats and so on ?

Did everybody see Joey Barton's tweets about managing himself on Football Manager 2012 today? If not, you really should.

They are displayed here in this quick blog I've put together imagining how Joey Barton might edit himself on FM12 given half a chance.

It's a bit silly, but hopefully people will enjoy it!

http://www.narrowtheangle.com/2012/01/what-if-joey-barton-could-edit-himself.html

Brilliant. Really well done.

From this we can conclude that Joey has a) good broadband, and b) no issues with Steam. Lucky boy.

Don't think either of those were ever going to be a problem for someone earning as much as he is.

Don't height and weight have no effect on the match engine? How can it be important whether they are right or not?

height effects the jumping stat which in turn effects how he will perform in the air and how high he can reach for headers so yes it does effect the match engine. not sure about weight though.

Don't height and weight have no effect on the match engine? How can it be important whether they are right or not?

Well yeah, but imagine if someone told you that you were shorter than you are! ;)

height effects the jumping stat which in turn effects how he will perform in the air and how high he can reach for headers so yes it does effect the match engine. not sure about weight though.

Height affects the value the researcher sets for jumping in part, but getting the height value wrong doesn't matter.

yeh im pretty sure someone from SI said that height doesnt affect the ME, only attributes do

Im pretty sure height affects the jumping stat which affects the ME so height does affect the ME which is a shame as I watch a 5ft11" Heider Helguson win 90% of headers against defenders 3-6" taller than him and also have to suffer a 6f5"" Fitz Hall lose 90% of his headers against anyone.

"Listen, Barton, I don't give **** what Nietzsche says about it, you're still fined two weeks wages for violent conduct.

What do you mean 'our relationship has broken down and you can't see any point in talking to me'? I'm Joey Barton and you're a bunch of 0s and 1s.

I'm going back to FIFA."

Im pretty sure height affects the jumping stat which affects the ME so height does affect the ME which is a shame as I watch a 5ft11" Heider Helguson win 90% of headers against defenders 3-6" taller than him and also have to suffer a 6f5"" Fitz Hall lose 90% of his headers against anyone.

It doesn't "affect" the Jumping attribute. It is one input into how the researcher judges what value to give for the Jumping attribute. But it has no effect in the game.

The jumping attribute are just one of several attributes that decides who win the header.

I don't know Helgusons stats in game but if he wins that many headers irl I reckon he must have good anticipation and bravery. Attributes that are not related with height.

i remember seeing alan wright win a rediculous amount of headers back in the day when villa would be there or there abouts!!!!

You're definitely right about Alan Wright, he was a beast in the air for a littl'un!

I also remember Juninho beating Newcastle's Darren Peacock to a header once. Juninho was about 5 ft 3 and Peacock best part of a foot taller. It was quite a sight. Might have been Juninho's Boro debut. Certainly one of his first games for the club.

Archived