2 apps in 4 years and gets an england call up

Theo Walcott didn't play at all for Arsenal and got a call-up to the World Cup squad - is what you are saying completely unrealistic?

There's quite the difference, though. One was an up-and-coming prospect, the other a player that couldn't find any sort of playing over the course of 4 years.

Tevez still got selected by Argentina while he spent 3 years rotting in Man City reserves on my save, FM still places too much emphasise on default reputations when it comes to international selection.

International management in FM is garbage because it focuses the flaws in AI team building.

Theo Walcott didn't play at all for Arsenal and got a call-up to the World Cup squad - is what you are saying completely unrealistic?

The token 'defend the game at all costs post'.

was he injured this whole time? or was he just not selected. If its just not selected then it would be strange, but so would the fact that he would want to be at a club in the prime of his career and only play twice in 4 seasons.

That just seems so wrong. Was every single other English striker injured or something?

The England selection has been pretty good on my save so far with Cleverly and Delph playing brilliantly for me and getting several caps in the first 3-4 seasons.

Ideally, playing 2 League games in 4 seasons should see his CA and his reputation fall sufficiently to be considered out of the England picture. Clearly it's a problem :(

Raise a bug thread, upload your save and mention the issue and help improve the game.

Has to be some sort of a bug/issue. I just saw that Hargreaves was called up for the England squad......not surprising u say? well it is when he has been released by city and has not played a game all season but is selected in a February call up?? ridiculous!!

ps. there is a very high number of skillful DM who could have been called up before this dud.

That's rather odd. Tevez hasn't played for Argentina on my save for 2 seasons. Sturridge is a strange fellow on FM. Didn't play for Chelsea at all, goes to Stoke for a season, joins Arsenal for £30m to play in their reserves for half the season.

he gets offered to me all the time with the price dropping each time, but his stats now are poor, as is ballotelli, its a flaw with their wages i reckon, 99% of clubs cant afford the 60k a week or the 100k in ballotelli's instance so they rot, and iv found some top players retiring at 30-33 because they contract has expired and their wage demands are too big

he gets offered to me all the time with the price dropping each time, but his stats now are poor, as is ballotelli, its a flaw with their wages i reckon, 99% of clubs cant afford the 60k a week or the 100k in ballotelli's instance so they rot, and iv found some top players retiring at 30-33 because they contract has expired and their wage demands are too big

The last part in bold is a major problem within FM. People asking for wage increases from 250k a week to 275k at the age of 33, as a backup and having only been used as a sub for the last 2 seasons. To then get slated by the board for letting good of such a good player. Excuse me board, but Zlatan Imbrovich (Spelling) at 275k a week, for the next 2 years playing about 10 games a season...

This is the best part though - he didn't accept 100k a week to play for Milan, but he did accept 18k a week for Fulham.. (who played him less than i did). a 89% decrease in wages, (or 232% from orginal wages).

Same went with Cassirino (again spelling, very similar situation, wouldn't sign a very decent contract of around 100k for being a bit part player, and seeing out the remiander of his career with his long term club, but then going to Stoke for as little as 12k a week for the same bit part - both reported as bugs, both blown out of the water by SI stating this is possible)

This also happened in my game. Something very similar. I can't remember the players name, but he was playing at Leeds and had about 8 appearances in 9 years or something. Leeds had another in form striker who had played something like 100 games in the last couple of years and was scoring regularly.

Yes, FM puts emphasis on players reputation rather than their CA and Current Positional Percentage Rating and it should also consider whether they are in good form.

All the stats are there, tackles per game, saves, shots on target ratios, etc.

I'm sure there'd be a way to tie all the attributes, stats and etc. into some sort of way that the truly good in form players get called up and the ones who haven't had a sniff of a blade of grass in seasons don't get called up.

Let's discuss the really unrealistic elephant in the OP's room, which is that Aidy freaking Boothroyd is England manager. Once you get your head around that, nothing he does in terms of selection can be considered surprising.

boothroyd at england, alex mcleish at arsenal, steve bruce at man utd and arsene wenger at liverpool i **** you not

In my save it's Aaron Lennon who is being selected for England despite not getting a sniff at Spurs, in 2 season he's started 17 games for club & 4 for country with no major injuries getting in the way of his club selection.

Daniel Sturridge is shocking on my game. Chelsea just didnt play him as they used Torres, Drogba and Anelka to start with before Lukaku broke through and they bought Doumbia. Now his attributes are shocking and last time I scouted him he was 1 1/2 stars compared to my team. Balotelli is just as bad because man city didnt play him and when he went on loan to PSG in the 2015/16 season he scored just 3 times in 24 league games.

Sturridge was listed for ages on my game but he wasn't good enough for big clubs to be interested and his wage and rep were too high for anybody else to consider him. Strangely Chelsea have now taken him off the list despite the fact he has played just 24 league games, not scored at all and been on 60k a week for god knows how long! Balotelli is listed for what looks a bargain of 2.4m but his 100k a week wages mean I won't even consider him. Needless to say that nobody wants him.

On the England front, Delfouneso and Welbeck are both in the squad on a regular basis but both score in the league.

For me, Lukas Schmitz just got called up to the German squad ahead of Marko Marin, Schmitz spent the entirety of last year in the reserves, whilst Marin was ripping off an average rating of 7.59.... and yes Low is still the german manager.

Archived