Is It Cheating....

There's an old saying, if you have to ask it probably is & in this case it's definitely cheating as you're exploiting the fact that your chairman cannot intervene to put a stop to your evil plan.

Doesn't matter though, it's your game & you shouldn't need our validation if you're enjoying it.

I would say its cheating. There's no way this would ever happen in real life so you could say cheating or just totally making your game unrealistic. But as a lot of people say you pay the money for the game so its up to you how you play it.

Are people getting more mellow on these forums. A few weeks ago, anyone who put up a post like the OP would have been shot down in flames, and there would have been a lot more people calling him a cheat. It is good to see posters actually admitting that they think it is cheating, but saying, it is your game, play it as you choose. Nice one.

Are people getting more mellow on these forums. A few weeks ago, anyone who put up a post like the OP would have been shot down in flames, and there would have been a lot more people calling him a cheat. It is good to see posters actually admitting that they think it is cheating, but saying, it is your game, play it as you choose. Nice one.

Really? Generally over the years I've been here the main response to a question like the op's is "it's your game, play it how you like" with a sprinkling of "yes, you dirty cheat." Like this will end up.

It's quite funny because it doesn't actually have anything to do with them, it's like someone using a cheat code on GTA, why care..

GTA is only fun with cheat codes, how else can i get all weapons, unlimited ammo, 6wanted stars and see how long i can survive for :D

I wouldn't call it cheating. I'd say it's highly unethical behavior (within the game, that is). I'd also call it an exploit since, as noted above, the game is (apparently) not programmed to stop you. Ordinarily, the board would block the manager from trimming a release clause beyond the point at which it's clear there's some skullduggery afoot. Bottom line for me: I would never do it; if you could live with yourself doing it in real life, have at it.

Here's a post that will stir up some trouble.:eek:

I'm always surprised (and disappointed) by the number of people who opine that the OP in any of these "cheating" threads should go ahead and cheat because it's his game and he's entitled to play as he sees fit. And then they leave it at that. While, on a superficial level, this sentiment is certainly correct -- it is your game and you may play as you wish -- it troubles me that many other people think that, therefore, this is fine and all that need be said. My personal belief is that, just as with alcohol, gameplaying brings one's true personality nearer the surface. Thus, cheating in a game bespeaks a certain need for unearned success and may spill over into other, less innocuous areas of the cheater's real life. Think about it: what possible reason is there for cheating at solitaire? Who are you fooling and what do you gain? [Yes, I have answers for these questions]. Now, make no mistake, there are some types of "cheating" that are acceptable, even beneficial (such as editing the game files to correct obvious errors or to make it more difficult). However, by putting a stamp of approval on cheating simply to advance in the game, many in the community are tolerating and perhaps even encouraging potentially anti-social behavior. I'm sure I'll catch a lot of flak for this so...commence firing.

I know people tend to think it's really dickish to have a go at OPs like this, because "it's their game, and they can play it how they want", but then why is he asking about it on the forums?

It's obviously cheating. You've no doubt noticed that this fact doesn't prevent you from going ahead and doing it anyway.

Why do you also need the permission of/validation from internet strangers?

The main reason that people get sniffy about cheating on these forums is the unbelievable number of people who pop up later to boast about their achievements, or weigh in on debates about the general difficulty level, transfers, squad management or keeping a striker scoring consistently, whilst neglecting to mention that their opinions are unhelpfully skewed by their cheating.

Don't be that person.

A chat about "your top goalscorer of the season" isn't interesting if it's just a load of people who use the corner cheat posting about their CBs, instead of someone with a tale of their journeyman ST coming of age.

You might enjoy the game more if you let go of your fave players when you changed clubs, and embraced the chance to build a new squad with new heroes. Then again, you might not. Probably don't rely on people who don't know you to tell you which one to do. Do the one that makes you happy, and stop looking for an online pat on the back because you don't like playing by the rules, or the challenge of playing against the best players, instead of with them on your team.

Archived