player wins full caps for 2 different nations

not sure if this is in the right place but will post anyway, in my current Wolves save kyle bartley recieved 2 caps for England, then a few seasons later he started playing for jamaica...

how is this possibe? just wandering if anybody else has experienced the same. if somebody could explain how i can get the picture onto here i will be more than happy to post so i can back up my claim.

Wales midlfielder Jack Collinson has about 12 caps for them but when he played vs England in September it was his first competitive fixture for Wales meaning upto kick off that night he could have pulled out of squad and declared himself for England! Amazing

I don't believe that this rule is actually in FM12, though. There's no notification or anything that a player has been "officially" capped or simply played in a friendly.

OP- were Kyle Bartley's English caps for the senior squad, or youth squad? I believe you can still switch nationalities in the game until you're capped in a senior team. I've recruited several U-20 Brazilians onto the Canadian squad, but haven't had the chance with a U-23 (Olympics) player.

Once a player has been capped in a friendly, I am sure it means thay can not play for another country. That is right, that's why when Welbeck played for England in a friendly, Ghana fans were livid as they wanted him playing under Ghana and after coming on in the friendly, this was not possible.

look no hands - bartleys england caps were in the senior squad against chile and belgium in international friendlies. and reggaebwoy i was thinking of the welbeck incident to at how mental the ghana fans went when he came on as a sup against them, to me the rule makes no sense, as in an international friendly u are stil awarded with a 'full' cap so how can u win 'full' caps for 2 different nations makes no sense really, but then thats fifa for you i suppose.

Once a player has been capped in a friendly, I am sure it means thay can not play for another country. That is right, that's why when Welbeck played for England in a friendly, Ghana fans were livid as they wanted him playing under Ghana and after coming on in the friendly, this was not possible.

Ghana are annoyed because he chose England over Ghana, that was his personal choice, however nothing would have stopped him switching to Ghana after that game if thats what he decided to do, they are annoyed because both nations wanted him and he went for England.

But I read an article and it said after that game it means he can not represent Ghana. Am I right or wrong?

Sounds like the article was wrong. Welbeck was free to switch to Ghana until he played for England in the qualifier against Montenegro I believe.

Sounds like the article was wrong. Welbeck was free to switch to Ghana until he played for England in the qualifier against Montenegro I believe.

Exactly. A player can ask FIFA for a one-time change of nationality (if they're elligible for more than one nation) so long as they haven't played in a FIFA-sanctioned tournament ("A" games.) Jermaine Jones, for example, switched to the US after it became clear he wasn't going to feature regularly for the German team, though he did play in 1 or 2 friendlies for them. Edgar Castillo also switched to the US from Mexico after "losing his passport" when called up to the Mexican squad (and subsequently not playing as a result.) Fabian Johnson recently switched to the US as well, despite appearing for the German youth squads. I believe he, too, had to request the FIFA waiver due to his caps.

Continuing with the US theme, there's still concern that players such as Timmy Chandler may switch their nationality; though he's featured several times for the US this year, those games have all been friendlies, so he's still elligible for Germany if he chooses. Other players such as Omar Gonzalez and George John are able to play for other nations if they choose, as well, so there is a sense of urgency to see them called into the WC qualifying roster in order to cap-tie them.

i might be wrong but im sure a rule came into effect 2 or 3 season ago where player have to declare by a certain age which nation they will represent say by 22/23 though in certain circumstances FIFA will allow them to switch as long as the player hasnt played in a competitive sanctioned match.

I don't believe that this rule is actually in FM12, though. There's no notification or anything that a player has been "officially" capped or simply played in a friendly.

This is def in the game, i currently have an Italian regen with french second nationality, he has played one friendly for Italy, but his screen says he is still able to play for France if he wants too.

Archived