Regarding the evolution of my youth players...

Regarding the evolution of my youth players, what is the best strategy:

1) Keep them at the club, giving them 20/30 games in the reserve/youth team and, at best, 10 games in the main squad.

2) Loan them to a team where they will be first choices.

If you can really give them 10 full games in the main squad i would keep them at the club.

I think so. I'm playing in Portugal, we have two minor cups... and many easy league games.

But, the reserve team games... do they count to the develop of the players?

Throughout a season I go for half and half. My facilities are better than those at the loan club, so by having them play some reserve games they git a little game time and good training. I then loan them out to lower league clubs where they will be first team stars for their team getting good game time in a competitive league.

You most likely have much better training facilities and much better coaches than the potential clubs you can loan players to. Also keeping players at club you can train the player the way you want (focusing on specific attributes) and keep tutoring the player. So if you can guarantee the young player at least ten full 1st team matches I would keep him at the club.

I only loan players out if they are fully tutored and there's no guarantee of 1st team football. Youth and reserve team matches doesn't seem to give much training in my experience.

Archived