Going out with a bang

0gris

Though hopefully not literally as it feels like my CPU is about to explode at any moment(I really need to replace my thermal paste). Though it would be quite an impressive way for it to go... Anyway

General idea and game setup

game-status.png

Yes, that is every leauge in the game loaded. No my computer cannot even remotely handle processing that many leagues at an acceptable pace, yes i am rather insane, no i have no idea why i loaded that many leagues.

The idea was to simply simulate for a year, and start off with the worst club possible in my home league, the 2. slovenian national league (2. SNL). After that... well who knows, we'll probably suck harder than a vacuum and get sent packing straight back down with 0 points, i honestly have zero faith in getting anything out of this but hey ho, why not.

As for the general goal, winning the Championship League and eventually the Club World Cup are the main aims of this challenge. Achieveing this will be no easy feat, as i will limit myself to LLM rules. Not that i'll be able to sign anyone since money in slovenia is incredibly tight, but that's not the point. A man can dream

So here we go.

NK Zagorje

7804.png

zagorje-information.png

Club analysis

Well let's look at the positives. The logo is pretty good for a Semi-Professional club. Chairman seems happy. Finances are alright for this level as well, and the value isn't THAT bad. Stadium capacity is pretty good too, and the 1080 seats will help. Not all flowers and sunshine though. The reputation sucks meaning i'll probably be able to attract a grand total of 0 players to the club. The stadium name (City stadium) is horribly unoriginal, the facilites suck hard. And to finish it off, the media is probably laughing at me for even trying, predicting us to finish rock bottom. I'm sure my board has higher ambitions though.

lodsemone.png

Or not. My options sure are varied with the only real difference being the amount of screaming from the chairman i will recieve at the end of the year. Still, it's nice to see they at least TRIED to make it seem like they care. But then again, it's the squad that really matters. I'm sure that together with my assistant we can come up with something that'll make sure we get some points out of the season. Maybe squeeze out a 6th or 7th place.

Squad

Great, so we have no assistant. That's going great. But hey, we should have some decent coaches that could replace him, and make my life a lot easier. And with some help from my scouts, we should be able to get a decent idea of what our weaknesses are, and find some good players to reinforce our squad.

Staff

Right. At least we have a chairman though, I'm sure he's good for something.

Squad analysis and top players

Well, that didn't go all too well. It's definetly going to be one hell of a challenge, but I'm going to do my best. First order of business is to GET SOME STAFF. After that i'll be able to thoroughly go through the team and get rid of the deadweight, see how it goes. Another main problem with the squad is that we have a whopping EIGHT central midfielders(None of them any good either!). As much as we could potentially be the first team to field a 1-8-1, I'm not too sure if it will work. New players are definitely needed, especially in the wide positions. But it's not all doom and gloom. Glancing over the squad, I noticed a few players that could potentially actually play well in this league.

3. Nejc Vozelj - Decent heading attributes means he will sit around on the near post and hopefully bag us some critical goals from corners. We're going to need all the goals we can get. His other attributes are also solid, if nothing special. His tackling could use some work though... but we're going to be leaking goals anyway so i couldn't care less about that. Score one more than the opposition i say.

2. Rok Grkinic - The number one striker here. Decent all-round, but is slightly better in the aerial department. Along with Nejc they could score quite a few goals from corners. All his other stats are rather good as well(general rule - anything above 10 is good for this level). Probably one of the best players at this club, and i have high hopes for him.

1. Anze Krajnc - Best player by far at the club. Pretty young too. Going to sit in my first team defensive pairing with Nejc, covering for him on the groud, while Nejc takes care of any aerial threats. He is also a good passer and quite speedy. A lovely player. But oh wait, he's concerned meaning he'll bugger off before too long.

Conclusion

We're screwed, and stuck between a black hole and a supernova. No staff, the only great player wants to leave, and i have no idea where to even begin!

Here's to getting a point or two out of any game in the season... We might even win a friendly, who knows. Not counting on it though.

7804.png

End of summer transfer window - Season 1

League Table|Results|Squad

Not much to say. We might have won one match 2-0, but we were far from being the better team, relying on two scrappy goals from 2 attempts. Got knocked straight back down to earth with the two other games. But surprisingly, we're not bottom! It's obviously too early to predict anything at this stage, but there isn't anything that would make me optimistic. With the season only being 27 games long as well, we can't afford to drop too many points... If we can even get any at all at this rate. At least the friendlies were alright i suppose.

Transfers In|Out

Not as much activity as i would have liked. Brought in two strikers along with 4 centrebacks. Still need to shore up the wide positions, but seeing as i have no money anyway they're going to be free transfers, making the transfer window pretty moot. Gasper Oblak might be the highlight of the transfer window, being a brilliant prospect, but that's about it. Going out on free were two players that ran out of contract(they weren't all that good thankfully). The other players going out were a defensive midfielder who didnt fit into my strategy for a grand, and Bokal, who despite being one of my better defenders, was let go for 7,000€ with an additional friendly and 50% of next sale. Overall i cant say I'm happy with the transfers coming in, but the players i sold were mostly expendable, and left the club for a solid price. I'm still looking to get in at LEAST 2 right midfielders, but my scouts are failing horribly at finding them.

7804.png

End of winter transfer window - Season 1

League Table| Results | Squad

An amazing run of performances, including this crazy result vs triglav. We've just been on fire the whole season. Though not due to the strikers being amazing. They've actually been rather poor. Other than that we're in an absolutely amazing position, and might actually push for promotion should our streak of wins/draws continue. Finishing first and achieveing automatic promotion would be amazing. Finishing second would probably mean another season in the 2. SNL due to the playoff opponent being the 9th placed team from the first league. I guess I'll just see how it goes... At this rate anything can happen. Only seven games to go as well

Transfers In | Out

Not much to say. Failed at acquiring ANY right midfielders. Managing to only bring in a goalkeeper and a midfielder. Going out were some players who weren't getting any game time on loan, and our arguably best centreback on a nice fee due to not wanting to stay. Overall solid, but not too good.

Archived