Time for a Staff overhaul?

Just wondering if you think that SI should put a lot of effort into improving your Staff as they are pretty hopeless aren't they!! My Assistant says the same thing in Teamtalks and suggests that we put Match Preparation on very high even though it already is!! He says the same things at half time usually saying that half the team isn't motivated in playing for me despite doing well in the League consistently! Try a more direct passing style he might say despite being 4-0 up playing as we are!!

My Coaches are always at loggerheads with me on Individual Training Focus. I look closely at the stats and decide that Balotelli needs to improve his movement so I ask a coach to pursue that. The coach argues it wouldn't be beneficial to him so he should practice overhead kicks instead!! I ask the coach to reduce Charlie Adam's long shots despite his settings being on rare, because he hits row Z all the time. Again the coach argues that it would not be beneficial too him and suggests we improve his sandwich making skills!!

Yes I know you can over rule them and do team talks yourself etc but as it stands is there any real use for staff because they rarely give you anything constructive or helpful. It would be nice if maybe an Assistant could say that we aren't controlling the oppositions number 8 so suggests man marking him, or that our wingers are threatening well so try more focus passes to the wings. Things that would actually help.

People keep going on about difficulty levels but having good staff who actually can make a massive difference with good solid advice would give you just those difficulty levels because if the gamer wanted a harder experience then they just do things themselves but if you wanted it easier then you have an array of coaches who can actually help you.

Just a thought.

i've never had a coach argue with me over individual training focus. i do have them recommending me that certain players do certain things and i dismiss the advice.

as for the assistant telling you to mark the number 8, there are more detailed assistant advice during the match it self. you have two tabs, the pitch view tab and the advice view tab.

it tells me things like 'suarez looked over confident in the warm up' and 'we aren't controlling the midfield enough' and 'robinson expects to be closing down more than we are making him'

Good post - you are absolutely right about the staff and their advice, it often makes little sense. On last years fm another staff member could agree or disagree with advice but this has vanished from this years fm

I have noticed since the last patch that my ass man if he does the team talks always chooses cautious as the tone regardless of the situation.

i've never had a coach argue with me over individual training focus. i do have them recommending me that certain players do certain things and i dismiss the advice.

as for the assistant telling you to mark the number 8, there are more detailed assistant advice during the match it self. you have two tabs, the pitch view tab and the advice view tab.

it tells me things like 'suarez looked over confident in the warm up' and 'we aren't controlling the midfield enough' and 'robinson expects to be closing down more than we are making him'

Yes but they are fairly useless comments that rarely help change the game. I in FM11 used a 4-4-2 counter and my Assistant was telling me constantly that we were leaving too much space between the defence and the midfield. I was winning most games but I changed it a bit to close that gap and my tactic wasn't as effective. Undid changes and started winning again.

And with "we aren't controlling midfield enough" yes fair enough but what would he suggest we do about it if all we do is play say 4-4-2. Pull a striker back? Go 4-5-1? Play more direct to avoid giving the ball to their midfielders? Just a bit of extra advice rather than just stating the obvious that we can all see anyway.

Archived