Do International Managers ever get sacked?

I dont know whether this is a known issue but Euro 08 has just finished on my game. England didnt qualify, Holland/Portugal went out in the group stages and Germany went out to Russia in the Quarters. All the teams have the same managers, which is kind of given that after tournaments there is usually a merry go round of managers plus a lot of major nations failed or under-performed.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

International managers reguarly leave their jobs on my game(s), so I cant help.

On another note, why do you not get a contract when you get an international job?? icon_confused.gif

good question.. i think we do but its purly cosmetic and means nothing..

But have you guys noticed that while you have an international job, no clubs offer you jobs even if you apply?? or is it only in my game...

Originally posted by Abs_UK:

good question.. i think we do but its purly cosmetic and means nothing..

But have you guys noticed that while you have an international job, no clubs offer you jobs even if you apply?? or is it only in my game...

You dont, well not on my game. If Im in charge of a national sde it just has;

Wage; N/A

Contract Expiry; N/A etc, etc.

And of your second point, Ive never applied for a club job when incharge of a national side so i dont know about it to be honest.

cheers tomtuck01..

I have never had an international job alone, i have always managed club and national side, and never looked at the contract screen...

well i tried applying for a job few times, but when i resigned from both jobs, cub and international then i was offered many positions..

Originally posted by Abs_UK:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

International managers reguarly leave their jobs on my game(s), so I cant help.

On another note, why do you not get a contract when you get an international job?? icon_confused.gif

But have you guys noticed that while you have an international job, no clubs offer you jobs even if you apply?? or is it only in my game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not the case in my game. As manager of Portugal after a couple of good tournaments I was highly sought after even though I was still in the job.

I must say I've had a similar problem in my current career. Since I patched with 8.02 I havent seen any international managers get sacked or resign. In the job security page they are all in one big batch together as "safe" too. I was hoping to get the England job by now but mclaren is safe as houses icon_frown.gif

Yes this seems to be the case in my game - In real life (and previous versions of FM) if Enland faild to qualify and Holland/Portugal failed to get past the group stage, there would be no way that the managers would still have a job.

The thing is I have started a long term game (the first one I have had the time to do) and I dont want to continue if this is a known problem.

International managers have been chopping and changing jobs for years on my game, but in 2016 I decided to go into International management and quit Barcelona as the Euros came to a conclusion. Sod's law prevailed and not a single one was sacked icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Fieldsy:

Yes this seems to be the case in my game - In real life (and previous versions of FM) if Enland faild to qualify and Holland/Portugal failed to get past the group stage, there would be no way that the managers would still have a job.

The thing is I have started a long term game (the first one I have had the time to do) and I dont want to continue if this is a known problem.

You check the job screen every week or so and see if any Internationl jobs pop up?

In an old game of mine I used to check the job screen every few weeks and there were quite a lot of International jobs going, such as Ireland, Poland and Ivory Coast.

Yeah I do - Its not really that I particularly want to b an international manager at this prcise momnt in the game - just I thought it was strang that some of the major nations who completely underperformed did not sack their manager or the manager resigned.

Originally posted by Box:

Since I patched with 8.02 I havent seen any international managers get sacked or resign. In the job security page they are all in one big batch together as "safe" too. I was hoping to get the England job by now but mclaren is safe as houses icon_frown.gif

If you have patch 8.0.2 then Steve McLaren shouldn't be incharge of England. icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by ajw10:

The game should really let you know when a manager gets sacked tbh, there isn't enough news anymore.

It does after an international tournament. A messgae comes up telling you which manager(s) have been sacked/left their post.

It does after an international tournament. A messgae comes up telling you which manager(s) have been sacked/left their post.

That's a bit of a strange one, because sometimes it appears mid tournament and only managers who have left after the QF's etc are listed, then when the competition finishes more leave but it isn't announced. On other occasions it's announced after the tournament with a full list of vacancies. icon_confused.gif Same thing happens with Copa America and African Nations, it appears soemtimes and other times it doesn't but the jobs are lsited in the availabel section. All a bit irritating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Box:

Since I patched with 8.02 I havent seen any international managers get sacked or resign. In the job security page they are all in one big batch together as "safe" too. I was hoping to get the England job by now but mclaren is safe as houses icon_frown.gif

If you have patch 8.0.2 then Steve McLaren shouldn't be incharge of England. icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by ajw10:

The game should really let you know when a manager gets sacked tbh, there isn't enough news anymore.

It does after an international tournament. A messgae comes up telling you which manager(s) have been sacked/left their post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have patched the game using 8.0.2 but I ma using the original database

• 4 months later...

Didn't the 8.0.2 patch come out in Febuary? if so wasn't Mclaren still in charge then?

You told me to change the ending. :p Do you want the true story? :D

Don't you thik we should both be eating a great deal more pasta in honour of our respective managers? maybe your ending will come true now we're Italian'ed up :D

In mine managers of the big teams tend to get sacked but not those of smaller teams...I've had the manager for Bulgaria stay for like 20 years and they didn't qualify once for anything....wtf? I wanted to manage them so I got a save game editor to fire the current manager...and guess what? He has no contract...so I had to make a new manager, put him in charge and then quit. And then I applied with my regular manager (who I won multiple CL and Premiership titles with), and Bulgaria decided to reject my job application and choose the same old manager again...

this **** better be fixed for 09 :@

In mine managers of the big teams tend to get sacked but not those of smaller teams...I've had the manager for Bulgaria stay for like 20 years and they didn't qualify once for anything....wtf? I wanted to manage them so I got a save game editor to fire the current manager...and guess what? He has no contract...so I had to make a new manager, put him in charge and then quit. And then I applied with my regular manager (who I won multiple CL and Premiership titles with), and Bulgaria decided to reject my job application and choose the same old manager again...

this **** better be fixed for 09 :@

errrrrr...maybe because your not bulgarian? and hes probs on bugaria's favoured personal?

Archived