FM on VITA

Just saw this interview with Miles... http://www.videogamer.com/iphone/fm_handheld_2012/news/bringing_football_manager_to_mobile_devices.html

In it, Miles says that there are no immediate plans to bring FM to the Vita. I don't understand this at all. With the power of the Vita, the game could be A LOT more in depth and detailed than the other handheld versions. Obviously it wouldn't match the PC capabilities but it would certainly show us the possibilities of the future of FM on all handheld devices. Surely a Vita version is a must! I would have put my house on it that FM 12 would have had a belated release on it...

That's assuming they did though. We can only go off what Miles or anyone else at SI actually says, and that seems to suggest, at least for this year, and probably next if his quote of "We're not looking at Vita currently" is actually what it sounds like. You would need to be developing the game at this point to be releasing it in November/December in time for 2013 release. That seems highly unlikely now.

• SI Staff

To reiterate Miles - at present there aren't any plans to bring FMH to Vita in the immediate future, this is subject to change though.

I loved working on the PSP, it was a very nice bit of kit and I believe people enjoyed the game .... hopefully Vita will establish itself well enough that it becomes a target platform at some point, time will tell.

I love the PSP version because it isnt the full PC style game - I find FMH2011 was almost perfect in terms of being able to have a career that spanned countries, and has the right level fo detail for people like me who always preferred the likes of cm97/98.

I'm looking forward to playing FMH 12 as the stadium thing seems brilliant, but will this be the last version for the PSP? shame as the final piece of the puzzle for me is offering players in transfers either as swaps or part exchange.

Other than that the pace you can play the game at and the ease of use to play it in shorts bursts on the train etc makes it the only game I ever play on my PSP and I love it

Archived