Is there a way to turn a selfish player to a team player?

Is there a way to turn a selfish player to a team player? Or at least reduce it? Does the match preparation option "Team blend" reduce it for the following game? Thankful for answers or just your best theory :D

Thanks, will try. Found a 5-star prospect (!!!) and it feels stupid to not sign him just because he's selfish. Usually avoids those players otherwise.

Selfish refers to a low Teamwork attribute and won't change directly because of tutoring. It's one of the attributes which develops little throughout a career.

Selfish refers to a low Teamwork attribute and won't change directly because of tutoring. It's one of the attributes which develops little throughout a career.

Teamwork can be increased with a intensive tactics training schedule in FM12.

Thanks, will try. Found a 5-star prospect (!!!) and it feels stupid to not sign him just because he's selfish. Usually avoids those players otherwise.

What position is he playing? Because selfish player isn't always worse than real team player. For example, do you think Ibrahimovic would be better player than he is now if he was better team player?

What position is he playing? Because selfish player isn't always worse than real team player. For example, do you think Ibrahimovic would be better player than he is now if he was better team player?

Midfield left, so the team play is important in my opinion. Ibrahimovic has been very selfish but luckily turned out to be a great ball supplier ;)

Midfield left, so the team play is important in my opinion. Ibrahimovic has been very selfish but luckily turned out to be a great ball supplier ;)

Yeah I agree midfield left should be a team player. Unless you want to promote him as AML and use as inside forward. Why did you spoil Ibrahimovic? :)

Yeah I agree midfield left should be a team player. Unless you want to promote him as AML and use as inside forward. Why did you spoil Ibrahimovic? :)

Have great prospects on forwards already so I'll let him train to be a midfielder. About Ibra, I meant for real. His play in Milan is fantastic right now.

Have great prospects on forwards already so I'll let him train to be a midfielder. About Ibra, I meant for real. His play in Milan is fantastic right now.

Maybe. But I still doubt he'd be this far in his career if he wasn't that selfish. But back in topic, if player is selfish and he's meant to be goalscorer then don't change him. He's much better as a selfish ******* who hungers for goals :)

Maybe. But I still doubt he'd be this far in his career if he wasn't that selfish. But back in topic, if player is selfish and he's meant to be goalscorer then don't change him. He's much better as a selfish ******* who hungers for goals :)

That would be true for poachers. If you want your strikers to contribute to the attacking play, they can't be that selfish.

A good example of this is FM11's Emmanuel Emenike. Not only is his teamwork attribute extremely low, he also has relatively poor Decisions and Run With Ball Often PPM. He banged in a hat-trick per match in some periods for me both for Las Palmas and Schalke. My tactic thrives on creative players up front, but it was incredibly efficient just to have that artillery tank receive the ball a few metres inside their half, shrug off the midfielder and/or defender challenging him, turn around and run straight through the rest of the defense before smashing it in.

It was all about Emenike, though. The attacking play didn't work so if he had a day off for some reason, the team suffered because he never passed the ball to anyone else. It was fun while it lasted, but after two seasons of Emenike-show for Las Palmas, I sold him and never regretted that decision. In Schalke my friend called him a "cheat player" because his skill isn't so high, yet he was by far the best striker in the world (according to him), showing that some skillsets are unbalanced in the game.

I get your point, but MAN I get frustrated when I see my players running 2v1 against their defence and the player ahead doesn't pass the ball to my other forward who then would've made a sure goal but instead tries to turn away the defender and then shoot the ball to a corner if I'm lucky. Sorry if I messed that sentence up but I hope you get what I mean :)

I guess if you play a single forward, like I do with my At. Madrid (Falcao), it doesn't matter if the player is selfish. Falcao is not selfish though, do you guys have experience with any of the two scenarios I mentioned?

Archived