The reputation of the leagues.

Hey guys, im wondering if the reputation of each league change after each season....in a realistic way if possible of course...

I mean, i did a new game with Grasshoppers Zürich, in Switzerland (im playing with special rules to have an harder game icon_razz.gif

For instance 3 non-swiss players only...)

After having completely change the face of my team, its a nice one blabla, and i qualified for the Eufa cup....

The swiss was 25th or something at the uefa tables with 1 place in C1, 2 in C2 and a last one in the UI cup....

I've reach the 1/16 finals after defeating Dynamo Kiev, Rosenborg Trondheim, CSKA Sofia and 1.FC Nürnberg, all were supposed to be better than me and all were with country with a better place in the uefa table....

Basel did also a good run, and then we are now around 20th with 1-3-1.

Next year i was eliminated before the group stage with a 1-1 draw vs Livorno, but i win the championship and the cup....

And the Young Boys Berne and Basel reached both the 1/8 of the UEFA...to give to the Swiss the 15th rank....and 2-2-1....

But i'm in the summer after this, and so many players wanna leave the club...omg

Impossible to keep them whereas im very rich for a swiss team (around 7M € for transferts which is largely enough), a nice academy and a top class training place (mmh not sure of the name sorry i'm not english...)....

I will play the CL, qualified for the 3rd preliminary round....but they wanna leave....

So, im wondering if the reputation of the league is changing after each season...because if not, its just....impossible to do a nice european rush with a team from an average or lower country....icon_frown.gif

Can u answer me plz ?

Sorry for this long message, but i've to explain everything, clearly.

(Then u can understand the reason of my request for the next FM hehe...)

See ya !

The reputation of the league doesn't change .

The national league standard get 1 point every time you win a European cup ( this was in 07 and unpatched 08 , dunno if patches changed that).

Swiss champ is like 12 ? so winning 5 European competitions will make it 17 and then your players will prefer to stay rather than moving to Livorno or Mallorca .

Improving the reputation of the national competition will attract better players for you and the other teams in your league and it is a fine target to achieve even if it will take you years .

It would be very very gradual and take a lot of success to actually increase the league reputation, especially with only one team. It would perhaps go faster if you were in charge of 4 teams all of which were in Europe and doing very well.

Whenever people ask about this I always give Germany and rance as an example of a top league that noone wants to play in. I spent 6 years at Bayern, didn't win the CL but made the Semis at least for the last 4 years, yet there was never any real chance of me signing a world class player. In comparison Real Madrid didn't make it ut of the group stages twice and had 4 quarter final exits in those 6 years yet continued to attract the worlds top talent.

I think you have to be realistic in your push for Europe, i.e. rather than aiming for high PA players who will bring CL success, look for sturdy players that will be above Swiss league standard but are perhaps only CL First knockout round quality, say PA 130-150. With players like that they will be relatively cheap, should be willing to move to the Swiss league and with the help of a kind CL draw may do very well in the competition.

Archived