Please can anyone help?

Firstly, i have two accounts on here now, as i cannot log into my 1000 odd post account. i have had to create a new one. i think i know the username, is there anyway of getting this back? i no longer have the email account to reset password.

Secondly, STEAM. i installed my new copy of fm2012 last night and everything was fine.. i tried to install the editor via steam today and is was saying it couldnt due to steam servers being too busy.

I reinstalled steam, now when i try to log in it is asking me for a special access code which again i cant retrieve due to no longer having the email address that the account is linked with.

So i create a new steam account, but i cannot re-register my copy of fm12 with the new steam user account and to top it all off, i sign up to steam technical support yet 4 hours after signing up and several attempts i still have no activation email through so cant even email them.

Can anyone help with these problems?

Thanks!

1. you didn't have to reintall steam. When servers are busy they are just that. Normally works after turning computer off and turning it back on.

2. Because you re-installed steam it classes you has installing onto a new computer they should have sent you a code to your email address to verify you are who you say you are.

3. There was no need to make a new account because you have made a new account your game cannot be registered to more than one account.

Regarding your username for here, I don't know maybe one of the mods may know

point taken, however its hardly a user error.

the thing is this is a single player (in my instance) game. why am i having to mess about with this third party application. why cant i bang the disk in, install and play?

• Administrators

About your old forum account send me an email to Neil.brock[at]sigames.com and mention the account username and registered email if you can remember and I'll sort it out.In terms of FM12 it'll only work on your old Steam account, and you CAN change your email address. However rather annoying the Steam support is currently down for maintenance so I can't link you to the relevant information at this time. Rest assured you will be able to resolve this issue, you just may have to be a bit patient waiting for Steam I'm afraid. Keep me updated as to how you get on. Thanks.

Archived