It's me or there is too much inflation ?

Since maybe forever, I have the feeling make money is too easy when your club (in dept or not) participate regulary in champions league. For exemple, I'm Lyon and in 2015 I have already 200 millions euros in budget transfer whereas IRL, the club is very poor (since the crisis, Lyon is the least profit-making club of France).

Same thing for Marseille for example, a very irrealistic budget transfer after some seasons. With poor AI tactics, poor AI squad building, I think there is a third big problem to resolve.

you have a transfer budget of 500 million? pounds or euros etc?

i've never known to get that much ever.

Sorry there's an error, it's 200 millions euros.

But it's always irrealistic (and so too easy), especially for a french team. I have always this problem in each FM version.

There is no inflation in the game, IF there was then prices would rise not just your transfer budget, this would mean in the years after you got the 200m the wages would be e.g if you got 20m transfer ( reasonble) the wages for a once 100k per striker would be 1m a week striker . It sounds like your problem is more of how much extra cash is recieved if your statement is correct on Lyon and the profit making it does not make ( I dont know).

Its generally because the big clubs do not spend their money when the AI takes charge. The AI carries on with players until they are well into their 30s.

Or in some games, youth development is so poor that all the good players are already at the biggest clubs on big contracts, and there's no one else left to buy.

Thats a problem i have. I am playing with Valencia well in my 5th year. I stopped because there arent any good players to sign. Everyones a 3 star. You get regen youngsters who with 4 and 4.5 star. But either the clubs dont want to sell or they demand a huge wage. Another issue, some regen players ask for a massive wage

I am at that stage..

There are either young player demanding Millions and unrealistic contracts and everyone else is simply not good enough..

I however hunt my butt off to find 1-2 stars cheap per season from ages 15-19 for the future.. Have a full squad now that is dominating, all regens and unbeatable!! However this season 2025 has been the worst for star youth, have found NOTHING at all.. I personally scout 2000-3000 myself..

The financial calculations in FM must be one of the most difficult things to get right, changing things to decrease the revenue of top clubs is almost certain to have a knock on effect on lower league clubs, and I believe it already has. For example, playing in the Northern Irish lower leagues, there is a situation where the majority of clubs actually lose money playing games at home due to the costs, I find myself desperately hoping for an away tie in the cups. I believe this is probably due to matchday costs being raised to help keep profits at top level clubs at a more realistic level having a disproportionate effect at lower levels. A lot of matches at this level are played at little more than public parks, where costs would be minimal.

If you are a champions league club then it easy to register a profit. Last season I spent a net 10m on players, had a capacity increase for the cost of 8m and paid the shareholders 5m and still had a 8m profit come the end of the season. This season I'm going to make a profit on transfers and we can't build anymore so I'm going to make a much better sum of money. The fact that I won't break my wage budget or pay anybody over 55k a week is keeping us in a good situation.

Archived