Chairman sells your players

Hi all

Just wondering if there was anyway to stop a player being sold when your chairman takes matters into his own hands and accepts the transfer offer?

It is infuriating when you sign someone who does really well for a season and then in the summer a premiership club try to sign him and you can do nothing about it.

Thanks in advance

jawain04

I find that if the asking price you set is higher than the bid, then the chairman generally won't interfere (I may be wrong, if I am someone will doubtless correct me). But by setting asking price at around 4x player value, I have been able to avoid this problem.

You could also just go into the in-game editor and change the chairman's "interference" value to 1.

It is infuriating when you sign someone who does really well for a season and then in the summer a premiership club try to sign him and you can do nothing about it.

If you find out how, let SouthamptonFC and Nigel Adkins know. Pretty sure we could be in Europe by now if you find an answer to that question :D

This is part of the game but what I would like is the option to go to the board and say "I cannot accept that selling Whatshisface without consultation was anything other than a lousy decision for the future of this club, so I am resigning as of right now."

Then you can resign with a clear conscience.

I wish I would get notice ahead of time when it's happening. I often have a player who teams keep bidding for and I continually reject the bids. Then, on the last day of the transfer window, my chairman sells him and I have no time to find a replacement. I would like it a lot more if at the start of Auguse my chairman would say to me, "Hey, if we get a bid of 20 million for this guy, I'm going to sell him." That way I could at least plan for it a bit.

I know its cheating and people will probably hate me for mentioning it but when this happens to me I resign before the deal is confirmed and that usually cancels the deal. I then add myself back as the manager then re-negotiate the players contract if possible and put a rediculous release fee clause in the contract and this usually stops the chairman from sticking his nose in. I do agree with bolulo though. You should be able to go to your board and interact more in an attempt to stop this kind of interference.

Raising asking price doesn't work. I regen of mine had a value of €120k, I added an asking price of €2m and reject bids for him but the chairman sold him for ~€950k. I even had a thread about it... sold 3 of my 4 top players in 1 season.

I haven't tried the 0 value thing though. Anyway the feature is fine and despite it being annoying to say the least, I like it. However I really should be able to go on a rant with the board, cry my heart out to the media about it, or even intervene with say: "if he leaves I'm going as well, as I cannot see the ambition".

Or just wait a little while after the player's been sold for, say, £35m, and then loan him back once he flops like a ponytail at his new club.

*cough*

Who could you possibly be talking about ;)

I've always found that offering a new contract is the only way to attempt to avoid the chairman selling them. It doesn't always work though. There are so many threads on this forum complaining about the lack of realism so to see something that is realistic (and bloody frustrating) in the game just makes it a better game. Bite the bullet and try to find a replacement from your youth system or do a Newcastle and sign a better prospect (who doesn't get himself arrested!!!) or do a Harry and join your local rivals!

This is my favourite thing in the game that I hate. By which I mean I resent it thoroughly when it happens, but I also respect that it happens, and enjoy finding yet another young prospect my villain chairman will sell from under me this time next year. It's all part of the fun.

I frequently in press conferences state that I "have no relationship with him at all" when asked about chairman. Never had any negative consequences from taking this stance. I reckon this sort of comment would likely result in some sort of response from the board. Not here though!

Anyway, give us back the ultimata to the board so we can throw our toys out of the pram properly!

Offer the player a new contract, and throw money at his agent and hope he just flat out accepts yours

That. I managed to save a few players by offering them a new contract when they were under bid. Nowdays I even make sure I have a bit of an extra on my wage budget for situations I can save with a new contract.. :)

Archived