Expanding Arsenal's Emirates Stadium

Hi all,

I am now into my 10th season in charge of Arsenal, have well over 800 million pounds balance in bank, Zero debts, have won practically everything in game and yet season after season, I get no option in 'Board Interaction' to expand my stadium or whatsoever.

Anyone here managing Arsenal managed to expand their stadium? and if so, can you share some tips on how and when to do it?

Thanks

Maybe it's already at the limit imposed in the database/editor?

That is indeed a possibility I fear......but 60k for Arsenal.....hmmm....anyway, if that's the case, I should have the option of building a new stadium after so many years of success and 100% attendance right.....800 millions pounds is sufficient, don't ya think?

That is indeed a possibility I fear......but 60k for Arsenal.....hmmm....anyway, if that's the case, I should have the option of building a new stadium after so many years of success and 100% attendance right.....800 millions pounds is sufficient, don't ya think?
i'd think so the emirates cost £360m to build and you have over twice that amount to spend- could yoy expand it using fmrte?

When you talk to the board about it, what does the mouseover text on the greyed out options read? That might give you a clue.

Ahh....thanks for the tip....yea...its at its max capacity and the board feels there's no need to build a new stadium at this time :(

Sounds like you'll have to wait until the Emirates ages a bit before the board will agree to build something new. I've heard a stadium needs to be 20 years old before that happens though.

..... :( x 20

well....10 more years to go :p

Which is probably a sound decision.

If you look at what it cost to build Emirates Stadium, this expense could (only) be justified by the vast increase of income it generates compared to Highbury, mainly coming from state of the art and huge business areas in Emirates Stadium.

Now, considering its inability to be expanded as given, what must be there to justify building just anothger new stadium for Arsenal? Even a 25 percent increase in average attendance will not justify spending 400m on that as the increase in income will never make it economically viable. Just remember that 400m should generate an annual income from around 15m in interest alone at least.

And seeing Arsenal being at 800m cash in the game suggests even more that there is no comparable economic reason for a new stadium as there was when leaving Highbury.

That may change 25 to 30 years after Emirates Stadium has been build as then the club would have to renew a lot of stuff for lots of money while some things can then not be upgraded to the new state of the art, but 10 years in the game is surely too early for that.

Sounds like you'll have to wait until the Emirates ages a bit before the board will agree to build something new. I've heard a stadium needs to be 20 years old before that happens though.

As well as the stadium being 20 years old, your season tickets total must be greater than 50% of capacity.

This is not necessarily true. When playing with FC Omniworld in FM09 (now Almere City), their stadium had a capacity of 3,000 and was built in 2005. When I got promoted to the Eredivisie (I forget whether it was first or second season), the board built a new stadium...

This is not necessarily true. When playing with FC Omniworld in FM09 (now Almere City), their stadium had a capacity of 3,000 and was built in 2005. When I got promoted to the Eredivisie (I forget whether it was first or second season), the board built a new stadium...

That may however have been a special situation.

It may well be that there are minimum requirements in place for stadia in this division and if the current stadium, no matter how old it is, cannot be expanded to meet them, then building a new stadium is inevitable.

Surely, this is no issue for Arsenal.

True, but my 'story' was in response to the fact that somebody said that 20 years were needed after a stadium's building date for the game to consider building a new stadium.

I still don't understand how you have no debts and 800m in your bank account 10 seasons in? Arsenal have to pay debts off until 2030 something don't they? I'm an Arsenal fan so regularly play as them on every game and even winning every trophy, 800m never seems to appear in my account.

In my first game of FM 12, I had a board takeover in ... 2015, I believe, and at the start of the next year, the board told me that they were building a new stadium with a capacity of 89k. It took 2 years to finish. The new chairman was a sugar daddy type.

The Emirates Stadium was certainly expandable in FM 10 (didn't play FM 11, me). I had several incremental additions to the capacity in that game.

I'm sorry but I refuse to accept they built you a new stadium after 4 seasons, that has to be a glitch if anything.

I didn't even ask for it, they just did. I belive this can happen sometimes when you get a new, ambitious, sugar daddy chairman. Sadly I no longer have that savegame to prove what I'm saying, I have started several new games since then.

Oh and btw; that chairman also immediately payed all of Arsenals loans in full ... just to let you know what kind of a chairman I got. No debts, new stadium, and with a wage and transfer budget to match Man City's and Chelsea's. It can happen.

Why the hell did the board take out a loan? The sponsorship and sale of AG EASILY covered the cost.

Because the stadium has to be paid in full right away, the sponsorship money will be be paid over 20 seasons or something, which only works out at £16.5m a season and wont start until the stadium is built. So the difference between the new stadium cost and selling the old one is £154m.

Agreed. Also could the board not negotiate that the sponsorship money came in upfront to allow no loan.

It's pretty moot, anyway, as I suspect AF7 was easily covering the loan with competition wins.

I still don't understand how you have no debts and 800m in your bank account 10 seasons in? Arsenal have to pay debts off until 2030 something don't they? I'm an Arsenal fan so regularly play as them on every game and even winning every trophy, 800m never seems to appear in my account.

I had a board takeover and gave me hundreds of millions in bank, and I always buy cheap and sell players at their peak (29 years old approaching 30 yrs old)

I didn't even ask for it, they just did. I belive this can happen sometimes when you get a new, ambitious, sugar daddy chairman. Sadly I no longer have that savegame to prove what I'm saying, I have started several new games since then.

Oh and btw; that chairman also immediately payed all of Arsenals loans in full ... just to let you know what kind of a chairman I got. No debts, new stadium, and with a wage and transfer budget to match Man City's and Chelsea's. It can happen.

Fair enough, that's absaloutely insane though.

Archived