Consistency Attribute

Tutoring can improve consistency as far as im aware. It very hard to track how much this can increase unless you constantly check with FMRTE or GenieScout, game time will also help.

I have never seen Consistency increase through tutoring. (unless it has changed since FM10)

It can improve with game time, though not massively. There is a good chance of overcoming "Fairly Inconsistent", but I personally steer clear of players described as "Inconsistent" and "Very Inconsistant"

I have never seen Consistency increase through tutoring. (unless it has changed since FM10)

It can improve with game time, though not massively. There is a good chance of overcoming "Fairly Inconsistent", but I personally steer clear of players described as "Inconsistent" and "Very Inconsistant"

So if I have 4 star regens with inconsistency as a weakness , there isn't much I can do ?

Yeah, inconsistency just slightly lowers a player's attributes for a game, so if you have a CA 165 player, he'll still be just as good on his worst day as a CA 150 or so player on his best day (all other things being equal). Obviously, you don't want inconsistent squad players, but if you have a good/great player, inconsistency isn't going to ruin them.

Yeah, inconsistency just slightly lowers a player's attributes for a game, so if you have a CA 165 player, he'll still be just as good on his worst day as a CA 150 or so player on his best day (all other things being equal). Obviously, you don't want inconsistent squad players, but if you have a good/great player, inconsistency isn't going to ruin them.
I didn't realise that.

I did do an experiement with FM11 though where I had a regen with brilliant stats but a consistency attribute of 7. I decided on one season to play him every other match, and the other season to play him every match (assuming he was fit of course). In the season where I played him every match he had a few good matches but as expected, very inconsistent (Avg rating of 6.8 odd for title winning Barcelona team). The season where I played him every other match he was a beast in pretty much every match, avg rating of above 8, and he scored the winning goal in the CL final deep into injury time with a free kick that was 45 yards out. Hardest free kick I've ever seen in FM.

Could all just be a random quirk, but I definately got the best out of him by using him sparingly (and in big games, although that attribute was still only 12).

• 3 weeks later...
Just thought about something, is there anything in player interaction that increases consistency. Like say telling a player his recent from sucks and that he needs to step up to continue playing first team football or does this only affect morale ?

Only Morale. Consistency raises with age or match experience.

Along the same lines...

Does Influence work the same way?

I once signed a striker with an influence of 1 on accident. He was good for other attributes but never scored a single goal in a season. I'm assuming influence was the problem.

Does Influence matter for defenders so much?

Archived