Travelling the World in the Hotseat that is Football Management

dburns1993

This is my first proper journeyman save as I usually struggle to get into lower league saves but I'm determined to make it work this time after reading various threads on here. Any feedback, positive or negative is welcomed as from time to time I'll be asking for opinions from followers on whether or not to move clubs.

Game Setup

These following leagues will always be part of the game throughout my career as I feel they are the elite leagues:

England

France

Germany

Italy

Spain

To start with, I've also loaded all leagues from the following nations:

Argentina

Brazil

China

Croatia

Ireland

Netherlands

Portugal

Scotland

Sweden

Depending on my success (or lack of it) these leagues and nations are subject to change.

Personal Career Objectives

I have no self-imposed rules for my career although I won’t be using any third party add-ons. I will try to play as realistically as possible, hopefully making my way up the leagues as I progress. I will start out unemployed with ‘Sunday League’ reputation and will aim to get a job as soon as possible.

Bohemians is a club with quite a reputation, surprised you got an offer from there.

Haven't seen too many Career Updates starting off with a scottish team, pick Berwick Rangers!

I would take Berwick, but then I like the idea of an English club showing the Scots how it is done :D

Thanks for the advice guys but I've decided to against you's completely!

Being Irish and all that, I took over at Bohemians. Granted it may be the 'easier' option but I feel it is more realistic due to my nationality. I don't intend in staying in Ireland too long but one plan I do have is managing the national team but that is a long way away yet. One of the disadvantages of choosing this job is the fact that I am taking over the club after 19 league games, just over the halfway stage. Although the league position isn't too bad with us sitting in 6th out of 10 teams but our media prediction of 2nd might have been what cost the previous manager his job. I'm confident of finishing in an European spot before building on that for the following season.

Looks like there will be a mass turnover at the end of the season with 33 players contracts expiring!

BohemianFCSquad_Players-1.png

Airtricity Premier Division

EA Sports Cup

FAI Cup

Europa League

Transfers

Squad

Finances

July 2011 Update

Transfers

With July also being a transfer window in Irish football I decided to only add two new faces in Jamil Adam and David Bevan. The reason for this is that there are 31 players’ contracts expiring at the end of the season so I first need to evaluate these players to decide who is worth a new contract and then I’ll rebuild the squad during the winter.

Fixtures

Finally, results have been mixed with two wins, three draws and two defeats. The two defeats have been heavy but expected in away games to Stoke City and league leaders Shamrock Rovers. We started my managerial reign with a terrific away draw at third placed St. Pats Athletic before travelling to the Faroe Islands where we done everything but secure an away goal. The scoreline in the Shamrock Rovers doesn’t do justice to the game as we were the better team for large periods. We then easily progressed in the Europa League with a comfortable before going two games without scoring. We finished the month off on a high however with a late victory over Drogheda United.

Behind the Scenes

Finance wise, we saw the balance of the club more than double in the space of less than a month largely due to bringing in almost £90k in gate receipts and a further £90k in prize money from progressing in the Europa League. I also asked for improvements to the training facilities but got rejected due to a lack of funds. I also had rejected requests for both transfer and wage budgets so it looks like if I'm to rebuild this club I'll have to sell before I buy whilst bringing in as much money as possible. One successful request however was that of asking for a parent club to try and improve funds, I figured this would be more useful than a loan affiliate as by the time the requests would come round the transfer window would be shut.

Archived