Want a really hard challenge

Hi Guys,

Just getting bored of my game playing as Ossett Albion using Uncle Ron's update, want to stay in England, Love playing LLM!

Has anyone know of a really hard challenge in the Lower Leagues with Uncle Ron's update? A club with absolute no money, no decent players , no prospects etc.

Thanks Guys

Hard challenge in FM?

I advise you play a different game if you want a challenge.

Try playing FM without signing anyone. No signings whatsoever. Just with an original squad, and players that come through the youth academy. There's a challenge for you.

Hi Guys,

Just getting bored of my game playing as Ossett Albion using Uncle Ron's update, want to stay in England, Love playing LLM!

Has anyone know of a really hard challenge in the Lower Leagues with Uncle Ron's update? A club with absolute no money, no decent players , no prospects etc.

Thanks Guys

Take over a club in severe financial trouble?

You shouldn't need to impose stupid rules to make something enjoyable.

Wow, what a dumb response.

The fact of the matter is that being good at FM isn't difficult, as you said. There are areas of the game you can exploit. So instead of whinging about the game being too easy, why don't you come up with a solution yourself, whereby you don't exploit the exloitable areas (as the fellas in the LLM section don't), or come up with creative restrictions as a means of redressing the balance. Another good one (which I personally don't enjoy) is to give yourself a time limit before you have to hit continue, which very much limits your scope in terms of sniffing out the very best youth from around the World. And crucially when those dates come along from new regens from various leagues around the world, you can't systematically traul through the clubs with the best academies, and sniff out the potential stars from all the far reaching points of the globe.

But if you want to keep on whinging while not enjoying the game, go right ahead.

Wow, what a dumb response.

The fact of the matter is that being good at FM isn't difficult, as you said. There are areas of the game you can exploit. So instead of whinging about the game being too easy, why don't you come up with a solution yourself, whereby you don't exploit the exloitable areas (as the fellas in the LLM section don't), or come up with creative restrictions as a means of redressing the balance. Another good one (which I personally don't enjoy) is to give yourself a time limit before you have to hit continue, which very much limits your scope in terms of sniffing out the very best youth from around the World. And crucially when those dates come along from new regens from various leagues around the world, you can't systematically traul through the clubs with the best academies, and sniff out the potential stars from all the far reaching points of the globe.

But if you want to keep on whinging while not enjoying the game, go right ahead.

LLM? Please.

The only difficult thing about LLM is staying awake long enough to get to the prem, which considering it is virtually impossible to not be promoted every season usually isn't even that long.

You totally miss the point with this, the game should be a challenge whoever you want to go. Sure managing Vauxhall Motors is difficult (if you suck at the game) but why should managing Manchester United lead to a 100% record and 4 trophies every single season? Do you think managing ManU in real life is a cakewalk? I don't think so. Look at the results and performances they have bene turning in lately, in FM i would have put 5 past Blackburn with ease, and i wouldn't have ever lost against Basel in a million years.

Imposing stupid rules on yourself so you can kid yourself that the game is challenging is a joke, if you get kicks out of restricting yourself from utilizing large chunks of the game then go ahead. But me? I like to sign players, i like to take as long as i like between continues, i like to do training schedules and i like to hire staff...etc. Why should i have to stop myself from signing players or make sure i only spend 5% of my turnover per season to make it challenging?

If you really believe that's how the game should be played then on you go, but don't spout your nonsense to people here and assume everyone is some noob who goes Real Madrid and exploits every hole in the game engine then complains it's too easy.

LLM? Please.

The only difficult thing about LLM is staying awake long enough to get to the prem, which considering it is virtually impossible to not be promoted every season usually isn't even that long.

You totally miss the point with this, the game should be a challenge whoever you want to go. Sure managing Vauxhall Motors is difficult (if you suck at the game) but why should managing Manchester United lead to a 100% record and 4 trophies every single season? Do you think managing ManU in real life is a cakewalk? I don't think so. Look at the results and performances they have bene turning in lately, in FM i would have put 5 past Blackburn with ease, and i wouldn't have ever lost against Basel in a million years.

Imposing stupid rules on yourself so you can kid yourself that the game is challenging is a joke, if you get kicks out of restricting yourself from utilizing large chunks of the game then go ahead. But me? I like to sign players, i like to take as long as i like between continues, i like to do training schedules and i like to hire staff...etc. Why should i have to stop myself from signing players or make sure i only spend 5% of my turnover per season to make it challenging?

If you really believe that's how the game should be played then on you go, but don't spout your nonsense to people here and assume everyone is some noob who goes Real Madrid and exploits every hole in the game engine then complains it's too easy.

Then don't do it mate :)

The truth is that unless you apply your own rules then there is no real way to make FM harder apart from selecting a very low level team and even then it is still relatively easy to get promoted and up to the EPL. One thing I did on FM11 for a challenge was I made my own World Champions League and took charge of a New Zealand based team and tried to take them to be Champions of the World against teams from every continent.

I wish there was some way that playing as a big side was more challenging but I can never see that happening.

I know you said you like England, but try Athletic Bilbao, that's a bit different.

Or this if you don't mind managing in Spain.

The truth is that unless you apply your own rules then there is no real way to make FM harder apart from selecting a very low level team and even then it is still relatively easy to get promoted and up to the EPL. One thing I did on FM11 for a challenge was I made my own World Champions League and took charge of a New Zealand based team and tried to take them to be Champions of the World against teams from every continent.

I wish there was some way that playing as a big side was more challenging but I can never see that happening.

I know it's the only way, i'm just saying it shouldn't need to be this way, but obviously SI are incapable (or unwilling) of making a game challenging enough.

I do all these themed teams as well, not saying it can't be fun but it still isn't difficult. I have an all Scottish save that is so easy it's unreal, the all Serbian one is easy, the all asian one got too easy too....just boring after a while :(

I know it's the only way, i'm just saying it shouldn't need to be this way, but obviously SI are incapable (or unwilling) of making a game challenging enough.

I do all these themed teams as well, not saying it can't be fun but it still isn't difficult. I have an all Scottish save that is so easy it's unreal, the all Serbian one is easy, the all asian one got too easy too....just boring after a while :(

Try the Athletic Bilbao save using a small database and do not load all spanish players - now thats a challenge.

Try a weak club in a weak country.

I'm managing Fivemiletown United and have finally made it into Northern Ireland's Premier Division.

So far:

Div 2: 14th' date=' 8th, 9th, 1st

Div 1: 12th, 10th, 6th, 4th, 5th, 4th and now 1st. :D[/quote']

Northern Ireland is proving to be quite a challenge. Trying to win the title with Crusaders after spells with Ballymoney United, Ards and Glenavon. Only won the First Division with Ards and the Northern Irish Mid Ulster Cup with Glenavon, won the play offs with Ards to the Premiership from First Division I think :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks Guys

If England is too familiar to you, why not try a challenge outside of England? Try managing with an obscure Asian team for example, like in Malaysia and Indonesia. Or maybe South America.

Archived