Whats a safe game speed for me to use without experiencing crash problems???

I've had quite a few crash issues with this version of FM, seems to have been rectified by an upgrade to a 64 bit OS and from XP to Windows 7

Anyhow I'm now running at game speed 3.5 stars but keen to add a few extra leagues and some more detail level, what would you say is likely to be an OK game speed without me running into problems? In previous versions of FM I've been down to 1 and 1.5 stars without issue but this version seems a tad more delicate

Cheers in advance

Cuzer

I think you said it yourself, XP is rather horrible compared to Win7 (an OS from Microsoft that actually works? yup, possible) so most likely your crashes are gone now. It also comes down to how you play the game. In some older CMs / FMs I sometimes took a large amount of leagues open with huge database and let the game process at the background while surfing the web or doing errm... household work ;).

With the current star rating however, I'd agree with JojoVillaHursty: 2+ is enough for a decent game.

In my experience, game speed is unrelated to crashes. That is, loading up a ton of leagues doesn't affect the ability of the processor(s) to run the game, just how long it takes to calculate each day's activity. Therefore, you can load as many leagues as you want as long as you can tolerate the downtime while FM runs through a heavy Saturday match schedule. I often run a career at a one-half star rating and round out the time surfing the Web.

Archived