To Blyth And Beyond!

LUFCLazza

Game : Football Manager 2012 Handheld (iPhone)

Leagues loaded :

England (Bluesquare North/South And Above)

Team: Blyth Spartans

Stadium Capacity:4400

Training Facilities: Adequate

Expected: Mid Table Finish

My Target: For the first season I would like to dip in to the transfer market rather quickly and secure a good enough team to get the mid table finish and then push for promotion next season when the team is heavily strengthened.

Transfers completed as the season began can be found here

Opinion on transfers: They are good acquisitions for the club with the loans helping me strengthen certain areas that even with their help we are still lacking. I was originally playing 4-4-2 so bought to accompany this whereas I now prefer a 4-1-2-1-2 formation so players have had to be let go after a few games. I'm hoping I can mount a good challenge to achieve my target and get a good start on it up to the seasons halfway mark.

Mid-Season update!!

League Table can be found here

Hugely dissapointed with this but it is entirely down to my transfer decisions at the start of the season, this made me need to then go on to release these players as the wage budget increased. Being knocked out of every cup gave me the impression that I may do well in the league but being favorites to win both games it saw my team under perform yet again.

Transfers Part 1 Part 2

After my plan of saving money went out the window I used some of my funding to add more talent to my team but this may backfire as my team start needing new contracts which will inevitably mean more money will be needed for wages. When this day comes I will have to talk to the board. I will not be buying anyone else in the second half due to the money issue but i have a strong starting lineup that should keep me safe this year with the target.

Follow me on twitter "LUFCLazza" to get instant news if I win a 'of the week' competition and for other news in the save.

League table can be found here http://img545.imageshack.us/i/imagedbw.jpg/

This is rather disappointing but I cannot complain. Back end of the season saw us picking up big victories against teams that were much better and higher placed! We even beat the champions!I met my target which kept the board happy so this year I'm safe. My target was hit aswell due to the solid base I have to work off next year when I mount my serious challenge.

Money problems: Finances are here = http://img717.imageshack.us/i/imagemcm.jpg/

This is a short section really just showing how different the finances are when you start getting a better squad together, just as I said at the mid season report, existing players contracts needed to be given an extension with higher wages.

All in all I think that this is an average season but a solid start for things to come.

During the off period I received job offers and was rumoured do a position but most clubs were at the same level so I decided it was a step in the wrong direction.

Job Links

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/imageuai.jpg/

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/imagepghr.jpg/

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/imageozc.jpg/

http://img600.imageshack.us/i/imagetioy.jpg/

Finances (Image below)

http://img812.imageshack.us/i/imageyui.jpg/

This was not a good sight when I saw it, I chose to set winners of the league as the target and I saw this. I have 700 p/w for wages which may mean I'll have to adjust the budget. I'll have to refrain from going into the red as my bank took a battering at the end of last season. Transfer market is rather quiet at the moment but hopefully the youngsters get released soon.

League Table

I'm on track for promotion here and still in the FA Trophy. I know i will be able to get automatic just because the form of my players at the end of the season was really good last year.

Finances

I could only make two transfers this year due to the money issues I saw at the start of the season, this made me really think about who to bring in as it was vital that i made the team stronger. The transfers I made are here. Both the players I brought in are prospects for the future so they are long term investments.

Jobs

Job Rumour Job Offer

Only one job this time but still, it shows my reputation is building!

Performance

imagetlo.jpg

Playoffs + Promotion and FA Trophy final! Not bad for a squad I wanted to build upon during the opening window. Lost to York in the final of the FA Trophy as you can see above but we were outclassed from the start. The playoff final was an amazing game in which at half time i had doubts but in the end my players proved that the 1 point Chester won the title by was hard fought at their end.

imageczm.jpg

The Attendance in that game is worth a look as well!! Big numbers compared to week in week out. Must have taken the whole of the northeast with me.

blythspartans.png

New look! I've decided to make the updates look better as the previous ones were far too text based and didn't have many pictures!

Wage Budget

imagecno.jpg

All I can say is wow, I put my transfer budget in there as it was only 1k but this will allow me to build a squad capable of League 2 status.

Expectations

The board wanted me to stay blear of relegation but I decided to go for respectable league position due to the wage budget, Whats the point in playing if you aren't ambitious. No major overhaul will occur just midfield and defence need sorting but i'll see how my strikers start the season as only one of them is capable of playing at this level but the free transfers may be slim yet again this year.

Isn't the Conference North playoff final held at a ground that usually belongs to a geographically convenient Conference Premier club?

It is actually held at the highest placed club in the league, in my game this was Chester whose ground can only hold 4500

blythspartans.png

The League

imagebx.jpg

I am happy being 10 points behind first at the midpoint to my first season in this league, my team can still be improved so in the January transfer window I will but where needed. The astonishing thing here that caught my attention was my goals for.. 56 goals in 23 games. This is far better than any one else in the league, I just need to work on keeping them out.

Finances

imagegxt.jpg

Contracts renewed and Martin Pusic signed, he wasn't recommended by my scouts but after signing him in previous saves he can't half do a job. With this being positive and in the green I can't help but feel i'll be awarded with even more money next year. Building upon my destined success!

blythspartans.png

Performance

imageqzz.jpg

Dissapointed to say the least, after the halfway mark I just couldn't pick up points, a few heavy losses that I suffered whilst incurring inuries to key players Calvin Zola and Martin Pusic meant it was even harder to bounce back. I'm going to have to rebuild and come back next season to do it even better although the interest from League 2 teams is growing and I have just turned down an offer from a team that lost out to the playoffs. I will only accept an offer however if it is a step forward and if I can get my Blyth team to that stage of football then I will stay.

blythspartans.png

Wage Budget

imagedgg.jpg

Unfortunately I am going to lose Matthew Fletcher who I bought when I joined Blyth as he has got too big for his boots and i'm not willing to pay his wages. On the plus side this is more than enough to build a league 2 squad so this division should be in the past soon.

Expectations

I feel inclined to say promotion however after last season poor showing at the back end of the season I will be happy with just missing out on the playoffs but perform well all season. I am still interested in the Job so I will not be moving in the early stage of the season.

Archived