Clairefontaine

Has Clairefontaine, the French football academy been altered in the last update?

Every March 7/8ish they always had a crop of new regens to plunder. Now for two years nothing!!!

If so is there anyway of rolling back one update and stopping steam from automatically updating as I want Clairefontaine back please.

My understanding is that, IRL, players who train at the INF Clairefontaine do so for 2 years, between the age of 13 and 15, and then move to the youth team of a club - so it would make sense for them to appear at a club and not at Clairefontaine, since new players are usually around 15.

It was a bug that these players were ever at Clairefontaine in the first place. Newgens from Clairefontaine as well as the other institutes/academies, are now generated into senior club youth teams.

It was a bug that these players were ever at Clairefontaine in the first place. Newgens from Clairefontaine as well as the other institutes/academies, are now generated into senior club youth teams.

So does that mean none of the academies will produce any players from now on? I had subscribed to heaps of them in the hope of find some gems :(

They produce players, but they won't appear at Clairfontaine. They'll appear as a normal newgen at a French club, with a line of history indicating they have come from Clairfontaine (or another academy).

Will they show up on the academies transfer list or is it a case of these academies will never have players in their squads, they instantly go to clubs in their nation as soon as they come into the game but with a history of having trained at the academies? So players from ASPIRE will go to clubs in Qatar and players at NSWIS go straight to Australian clubs?

Also can clubs from other countries get players from these Academies if they have a good enough scouting network?

Archived