How do I report a referee to the FA?

Seriously, because I've not seen a more clear-cut case of bias towards a team than this. I'll give them benefit of the doubt with the very early penalty, which was a foul, but after that...

11lsoqt.jpg

Fun fact #1: Immediately after the booking on 11 minutes, I set the shout "Stay On Feet", which remained for the rest of the game.

Fun fact #2: The goal to make it 2-1 "did look a bit dubious".

Fun fact #3: At 2-1, we also had a "perfectly good" goal disallowed by the referee.

Fun fact #4: In addition to the two players who went off injured in the first 20 minutes, three more picked up knocks which they continued to play with.

And now, the press conference is waiting... I smell a touchline ban coming, because I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to answer every question with "They bribed the referee."

Is the potential for referees to be reprimanded by the FA even in the game? The situation you've described certainly does seem like a case of bias, although the fact that you got a lot of cards and your opponent didn't is not necessarily indicative of favouritism on the ref's part. It would be cool if we as managers were able to report officials we deemed to have preformed below an acceptable level.

I don't think there is any means of reporting refs in the game- although the facts and quotes from the match are all true, I admit this thread was really more in jest rather than a serious rant.

Mind you, for what it's worth, the ref's rating for the match was 3, and although I criticised him as being the "centre of attention" in the press conference (specifically for allowing their dubious second goal), the FA took no action against me. Perhaps if a ref's rated consistently low, they're assigned lower-rep matches, and if they're consistently high they get more important games? No idea if that's actually been coded into the game or not, I'm just thinking out loud here.

There's no way to report referee's in the game becuase there's no official way that managers can do it in real life. Referee's are monitored by independant assessors in the stands who decide if a referee needs reprimanding/whatever by the FA.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived