Do German II teams promote?

G'day,

I am currently playing as Dortmund and have a query. I created the game with only the 2. Bundesliga (stupidly). I am adding the 3. liga at the end of the season. My question is can I save/reload if my II team is not in the 3. Liga until they are?

Thanks.

Yes, they can, I have only seen the Bayern II team yo-yoing the last few years. Still waiting for my Hannover II team to come up. I belive the chance of promotion is based on reputation. At the moment my reserves have 1.5 star rep (about 20th among non league teams)

I would be interested in any tips on improving their rep to improve the chance of promotion.

A further question to the original; since I am adding the third tier do I have 20 spots that could be filled, six (I have already played through one season) or only three possible spots that could be filled?

• 5 months later...
Yes, they can, I have only seen the Bayern II team yo-yoing the last few years. Still waiting for my Hannover II team to come up. I belive the chance of promotion is based on reputation. At the moment my reserves have 1.5 star rep (about 20th among non league teams)

I would be interested in any tips on improving their rep to improve the chance of promotion.

You're the first person I know who claims having witnessed this. Are you sure you saw them go down to a non-playable division and come back eventually? As far as I know German reserve teams are not considered when determining the newly promoted teams to the bottom division. Can you provide a screenshot?

German II teams do get relegated from & promoted to 3.Liga, on FM12 there are 7 II teams FC Bayern, VFB Stuttgart, W.Bremen, Dortmund, Kaiserslautern, Leverkusen & Wolfsburg.

As I mentioned in the other German II teams thread after 5 or 6 seasons these 7 teams spend the rest of the game swapping places with each other as they become the whipping boys of the division. What I'm not sure about is if you use a league pack to activate the lower German leagues, my hunch is that they will continue to drop down those.

2040/41

germanthirddivisionover.png

2042/43

germanthirddivisionover.png

I played as Dortmund for nearly 20 years. Dortmund II played in the Regional Liga. No matter how good my II side was (and it was good) they would never get promoted. It was really annoying as it meant that prospects had to be good enough for the first team early on.

do what i did. i wanted to play as schalke in FM12 without having a paperweight reserve team, so i edited the 3. Liga structure using FM editor to include Dortmund II, Schalke II, and Bayern II. it's not that hard. only takes 2 minutes

i downloaded the editor but i dont know how to add them to bundesliga 3. can you explain how please?

i downloaded the editor but i dont know how to add them to bundesliga 3. can you explain how please?

not at home right now but i'll do my best to explain it off the top of my head

on the left hand panel, navigate to leagues. search for 3.liga. on the left hand panel, navigate to clubs. click on any club you want to replace with. click on "swap" on the bottom of the screen. search for "schalke II", "dortmund II", etc. click on OK

then save your changes into a dbc file and load it into your next new game

Archived