manager of the year problem

hello,

I would like someone that knows to explain to me how is manager of the year chosen.

So, I play with Dover and at the end of the year the three first positions of manager of the year are

first

Tommy Warrilow

40% wins

59-49 goals

second

Johnson Hippolyte

35%

55-66

third

Ian Baird

40%

61-64

NOW, I personally have 155-45 goals and 76% wins.

I cannot understand the criteria of the choice. can someone explain? thank you

PS: we won the league adn the FA trophy too...

I think when you win the league with 16 points difference, have +110 goals difference and 76% win ratio you ARE the best manager of the league. I am not talking about me specifically. I understand that a team deemed to relegate and finished in the mid-table has a good manager. But is he better than the manager of the team that dominated the whole league?

I am very interested in British people's opinion

Normally the award will go to the manager who won the league but if you were overwhelming favourites & a team tipped as possible relegation candidates managed to secure a top 3 position I'd give the award to their manager.

It is strange that you did not feature in the top 3 though.

Only other thing I can guess is that you had a high starting rep (ex-international/ ex-pro), no point in rewarding someone who is managing well below is level.

I'd suggest uploading your save for SI to look at if you really do think there is a problem.

Archived