Why the board approved upgrade of excellent youth facilities? (in FM 2011)

Before starting the career, in the editor I have prepared my club, and set the youth facilities and youth academy at the best possible level. So from the beginning of the game they are excellent.

After second season I received the message, that youth facilities should be better, and I should request to my board to upgrade it. It was stupid, because my youth facilities were still excellent, but I requested – and my board approved.

Upgrade is a very long process, so I wonder what will happen at the end of upgrade? If I understand well youth facilities can’t be better, than I set at the beginning in the editor.

Or maybe Is it possible, that youth facilities are worn out during two seasons of the game?

Thank you for a reply.

I’m ashamed form my cheating, but in previous career I have very few generated young NZ players able to play successfully in the NZ national team, so in this game I decided to help them (and help the national team), by quick building of excellent academy in my club (the only professional club in my country).

I hope that above and the fact, that I upgraded youth facilities for other clubs in whole A-league in the same manner will be extenuating circumstances

First, don't cheat. :thdn:

Second, I had this with my long term game in FM11 as well. My board had upgraded all facilities to the best level (according to the text), yet they still had upgrades going on at times.

Why can't people play the game how they want?

I think they get upgraded as they will be out of date withing 10 years for example, just to keep up with modern developments.

This

Many versions ago, once you got to the best, it just stayed there, which could lead to many clubs having the best facilities

Now, they will degrade over time, meaning investment is needed to keep them the best

Archived