Game is currently unavailable

I have been playing fm/cm since 2000 and this is the first time I have considered just stopping playing. I had this error a few months ago, verified game cache and it was fine. Same happened a few days ago and once again verified game cache and it was fine. Just tried to get fm going this evening and it has come up with this error. I have verified cache 4 times and it's still not letting me play. This has just added to my frustration at all the stupid errors in the new patch, especially the fact that you cannot sign scouts for villa or Newcastle which seems so basic. I'm so frustrated at this stage and as a loyal customer just wanted to express my feelings.

• Administrators

Okay. Break off your internet connection so that steam will give you the option to start in offline mode. Go to your download settings and change the region to something else (details on how to do this here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184714&viewfull=1#post7184714). Save the change. That should fix the problem.

After probably 15 attempts to update stalling it has finally completed the steam update it needed to do, so i can hopefully get a couple of hours in tonight. Thanks for your help, especially you Neil. I hope you understand my frustrations but i do appreciate you taking time out on your bank holiday evening.

after getting the game started up, i closed it down to have a look through the forums. now that i have tried to go back in, it is saying game unavailable again! i have verified cache and it says verified and now the game is downloading something else? all i seem to have done is watch downloads today.

Archived