Time to move on?

For all its frustrations, the board confidence "bug" is mostly cosmetic - providing you are on course for your long term goals. And I know it can be frustrating that you've gone unbeaten in 20 games and the board pick out a 1-1 with Arsenal as a low point, but it really doesn't matter.

However, after a few successful seasons with Chelski, I think Mr Abramovich is getting a little unreasonable in his expectations.

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=successld7.jpg

I should say, I did the treble last season - largely due to an Arsenal injury crisis I think - and just won the world cup with England.

I signed on as Chelski with some self-imposed restrictions to make the game a little bit interesting, with the hope of building up a team of newgens using the millions at my disposal. But it may be time to move on under the weight of these expectations.

For all its frustrations, the board confidence "bug" is mostly cosmetic - providing you are on course for your long term goals. And I know it can be frustrating that you've gone unbeaten in 20 games and the board pick out a 1-1 with Arsenal as a low point, but it really doesn't matter.

However, after a few successful seasons with Chelski, I think Mr Abramovich is getting a little unreasonable in his expectations.

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=successld7.jpg

I should say, I did the treble last season - largely due to an Arsenal injury crisis I think - and just won the world cup with England.

I signed on as Chelski with some self-imposed restrictions to make the game a little bit interesting, with the hope of building up a team of newgens using the millions at my disposal. But it may be time to move on under the weight of these expectations.

hope the expectations and confidence issues are really really really overhauled in fm09, things like this are stupid. if you do the trebble, by all means you should be expected to win something the next year, but if you win one of any of those trophies, its not good enough and you could lose your job?!

ridiculous. icon_biggrin.gif

If I win the prem and get close with the others I should be okay - and I'd be very disappointed not to. 8.0.2 has done a lot with the confidence issue, making most of it cosmetci, but it still needs work.

I reckon I'll be fine if if get to the quarter finals in all cups and at least second in the Prem. I've failed worse before and kept my job.

I've just never had this much expectation before.

there have been two occasions in my game where i was clear at the top of the league with 2/3 games left and my contract was running out. i got a news message saying that replacements were being shortlisted and i was refused a contract when i asked for one. needless to say, once the title was confirmed, the board were worried that i might leave as i hadn't signed a new deal yet.

i haven't even bothered looking at my expectations in the 6 seasons i've played at arsenal, but i'm sure mine looks a little like yours this season. don't care, i wanna leave for a lower league team at the end of the season anyway...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

there have been two occasions in my game where i was clear at the top of the league with 2/3 games left and my contract was running out. i got a news message saying that replacements were being shortlisted and i was refused a contract when i asked for one. needless to say, once the title was confirmed, the board were worried that i might leave as i hadn't signed a new deal yet.

i haven't even bothered looking at my expectations in the 6 seasons i've played at arsenal, but i'm sure mine looks a little like yours this season. don't care, i wanna leave for a lower league team at the end of the season anyway... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

imagine that happened in real life,

"arsene wenger has left arsenal and moved to stevenage burough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i wanna leave for a lower league team at the end of the season anyway... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also plan on doing this at the end of my current season, or maybe the end of the season after that. Or the season after that.. etc etc. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">there have been two occasions in my game where i was clear at the top of the league with 2/3 games left and my contract was running out. i got a news message saying that replacements were being shortlisted and i was refused a contract when i asked for one. needless to say, once the title was confirmed, the board were worried that i might leave as i hadn't signed a new deal yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Like I said, mostly cosmetic. I just found it amusing that I was expected to win everythign.

In real life, when Abramovich took over Chelsea they were expected to become the Harlem Globetrotters of football and win treble after treble. Then along came Jose Boring-ho and made George Graham look exciting.

I say stick Keegan in charge of Chelski - the owner might not look quite so bored.

I think expectations should be highlighted, but should not be related to sackings, except in extreme circumstances. Long term goals are the only measure by which you should be judged.

Archived