Signing a player just to tutor youngsters?

Hey, I was just wondering if it´s a good idea to sign an old player, which has no hope what so ever to make it into the first team, just because he has a great personality and high determination so that he can pass that along to the youngester in the team. Or would that maybe not even work as he´s not playing and the youngsters are more likely to get playtime them him? Anybody experimented with this and did it work?

He can tutor only twice a year, so unless you have youngsters with world class potential and no good tutors in first team, you shouldn't waste money like that. There's no guarantee that he'll tutor any player you want either, and a chance that he'll fail to tutor anyone.

Well I have a BUNCH of potentially world class youngsters (always sign one potentially world class for every postition in the youth team, and then just sell them for a profit if they are not developing as I had hoped), and although I have fine tutors there are some issues with them that the perfectionist within me can´t handle. Was thinking about getting Raul for this purpuse as he has unbelievable mental traits and 20 in determination, so an ideal tutor in my book. Do you think he will complain about lack of playing time if I sign him as a backup player to begin with? As for the money, that´s no issue, got the richest suger daddy of them all :)

Archived