I don't believe it...

Took me a while to get into FM12 I'll be honest... not sure why. anyways, finally got into a Preston save. Completed 1st season, got them to the playoffs only to whimper out to Charlton in the semi's. By now I'd done a good job of reducing the wage bill, had an exciting squad and was offered a new contract. All was rosey! Then I read a blog on FM blog site about starting youth academies at your club, so i thought right, i'll give this a go. So I started, employed new scouts, gave them their jobs. Employed a chief scout... Found some nice gems, started to develop them, bled them into the first team for cup games etc... evrything a good manager should do I thought. My team were sat in midtable, but with two games in hand, 4 points off 2nd place and I thought this is looking good for a good season. Undefeated in 7 matches and then came an away game to Southampton (favourites for the league after relegation last season). Got beaten 2 -1 but put up a good account for myself. News item flashed up... I'd been sacked. No warning... no discussion... no nothing. November the 15th!!!!! I turned instantly to my wife and warned her that Christmas may be tioght this year due to my being jobless and the love of my life.... my soulmate who is their through everything.... the mother of my children... LAUGHED!!!!! OUTLOUD!!!!!!! has she no emotions......

...... a month later i took a job at Derby.... I didn't consult her.... see who is laughing now!!!!!

!

I think this is honestly the first time i have been sacked... it hurt!!!!! More than I thought it would!!!!!!!

I ahve just had something the same with West Ham, but continuing on with Leyton O now. If you fancy a read its under the header 'sacked!!....but over the moon' towards the middle of the first page.

Out of interest where did you see the youth academies blog? Would like a read of that!?

It was your post that inspired me to write this one... kindred managers eh...

It was from the FMBlog site i think... it is on my twitter feed... there are a few interesting things that are there. I see it as the FM equivalent of going to a managers semninar that 'real' managers probably do.

I'll be honest, it is a bit of a heavy read but I found some interesting things that I implemented at PNE and have also included into Derby's setup.

Archived