Bosmans not working with English teams.

Hi

I'm playing a save game with Droylsden, currently in my third season, anyway for some reason (I doubt it's a rule though cause on FMHi10 with Leeds I could do them), I'm not allowed to make Bosman signings from other English clubs. If there's a player with a contract expiring, for example at Juventus, I have the 'offer contract' option from January of the last contract year, but if there's a player whose contract is expiring in Arsenal or ANY other English team I don't have the 'offer contract' option.

Since I'm still in BSP, I thought this would be because there might be a rule for non-league clubs or something, but I started a save with Arsenal, holidayed until January and the same problem came up.

Is this supposed to be or am I experiencing a bug? It kind of kills my Droylsden save because Bosmans are my favourite kind of transfers. :)

This is not a bug. In England, there are different time frames for local and abroad Bosman signings. It's 6 months for players that play outside England and 3 months for local players.
rafa is correct, although I do think we need to work out a way to make this more obvious to people in some manner.

Cheers guys, I did not know this ... then may I point something out; when a player of mine has six months left on the contract, I get a news item says to renew his contract otherwise he'll be available on a Bosman, that's why I thought there was some kind of bug going on ... unless he is in fact available, just for foreign teams?

Thanks for clarifying. :)

When playing as an English team, you will only be able to offer pre contracts to Bosmans from 1st June (or one month before their contract expires). However, foreign teams will be able to approach your players from 1st January (or 6 months before their contract expires). Likewise, you can approach players at other European clubs from 1st January or 6 months before their contract is due to end.

• SI Staff
But what about the part where rafa says it's 3 months for local players and Marc said he's right?

My bad - I skim read and didn't check the durations, my bad ... in general defer to QA, they know best (which is why they follow me around and correct my mistakes, both when I'm making the game and posting on the forums ;) ).

Archived