How to finish the career of a footballer

I don't like him?

Hmmm... Personally I'd get some help with that, but in terms of this player... Just chuck him in the youths and train him hard as a goalkeeper and either aerobic or strength. Pick which one based on what he's worst at and don't train him at all in the other. This should "ruin him".

The irony of the last two posts is they do the exact same thing as the post they are criticising.

Some players you tell can that they can rot away in the reserves for all you care, and I like to be true to my word, so I let them rot away in the reserves. (Although I had the humiliating climb down when I had to call one of them back-up and begin using him again due to poor form of his replacement)

The best way to ruin a footballer is to just not play him in any games...that's what I did to someone for nearly 2 seasons. I didn't hate the player but he didn't want to terminate his contract so I ruined him.

Although, he's probably the one laughing to the bank since I did pay him $5 million in salary and mutual termination money before he left the club...

Can you disclose who exactly you despise so much that you are now hell bent on ruining their career?

Sounds like a nice plan, currently contemplating who I can do this with my current Newcastle side. Possible Sammy Ameobi, due his poultry wage it would be relatively cheap option, but seeing as he's never really developed as a football anyway it would be a largely futile exercise. Plus he's pretty funny on Twitter! Hmmm..

Don't forget to tie him down for his 'best' years at the club. 5 years should do the trick, leave him in the first team but make him unavailable for reserves. I'd go with no training so there's a consistent atrophy as opposed to high strength and aerobic where he might get injured.

i wanted to "finish" tim howard's career after a string of bad performances and arguments, so i kept him for the rest of his contract, but sent him on loan to my feeder club in china every season

it was still too much of a hassle though. i wish there was a one-click button for "send to china"

ask Roy Keane, he has ended a few careers in his time, Alf Inge Haaland comes to mind

seriously tho, why are people moaning about this thread, they need to get a life

Myth he never ebded his carreer, he played since then it was an injurie to his other knee that done his career full time.

ask Roy Keane, he has ended a few careers in his time, Alf Inge Haaland comes to mind

seriously tho, why are people moaning about this thread, they need to get a life

*sigh* Newsflash... Keane did not end Hålands career. He had to retire because of an injury to the other knee! Yes that is right. The knee that Keane did not hit!

He even played for City a week after the assault.

I only did this once with Eto'o. On fm08. After refusing to sign an extension to his contract and turning down moves, he signed a pre contract with Arsenal. So for 6 months I made him do weight training constantly. He scored 5 goals in 4 seasons at Arsenal in then end.

*sigh* Newsflash... Keane did not end Hålands career. He had to retire because of an injury to the other knee! Yes that is right. The knee that Keane did not hit!

He even played for City a week after the assault.

It wasn't an injury to the other knee, you have got that wrong. But you are correct in saying that Keane didn't end Haalands career.

Archived