transfer tips?

Is anybody else having trouble selling players??

I have a few players that I want to offload, namely stuart parnaby, matt taylor, frank nouble and bony wilfried. I would at least expect some sort of offers for the first 3 for around 250k at least, but I dont get any offers! even when i offer to clubs for 100k over 24 months, I dont get any offers! OR I get the "team ****** want to sign him but cannot afford his wages" or "team **** feel that nouble/parnaby/taylor would not be interested in signing for them"

this is all I am met with, and it is frustrating, as I cannot sell them, and they wont accept a mutual transfer, so its either release them or put them into the reserves and watch their value and the prospect of selling them decrease!!

If anyone can suggest something it'd be appreciated :)

You will get the "team x can't afford his wages and team y can't afford the transfer fee" messages even if he is on a £1 p/w contract and you offer him out for £0. This means that the messages are nonsense, so all you need to read out of it is that no-one wants him.

I cant really see how even a league 1 or low championship team would not bid for frank nouble or parnaby! and wilfried does get games when he is not injured, and he plays well when he is fit scoring pretty much every game. he is valued at 5mil so i tried to offer him for 7.5mil. got a message sayin that no teams are interested, and transfer listing the player may raise interest. i did that, and offered for 5mil, but still nothing.....? i'm sure that I should be getting offers for him!

i have even offered parnaby out for free, and there are no offers for him....

Are they getting games? Clubs often seem unwilling to bid for players who are sitting in the reserves without making appearances for the first team.

Wilfried gets games, but the others dont, plainly due to the fact that they are not good enough, and I dont want to risk valuable points by playing sub-standard players just to try to increase interest in them!

I'm not sure if this helps, but here's my usual routine when selling a player:

Give him games, make sure he is fit and in form.

Transfer list him and set his squad setting to not needed, this usually upsets him which you will have to deal with.

Progress a day, this gives clubs a chance to become interested in him.

Then offer him out for an amount depending on the sorts of clubs who are interested.

Well, there are two reasons why a club don't want a player:

A) they really can't afford him (AI clubs generally only have money the first few weeks after the season update. They also as a rule sign new contracts with their current players irrespective of their need for them or freeing up space or wage/transfer money)

B) they don't believe he would want to play for them (your club has a much higher reputation, so he has too. He doesn't want to make that move down the ladder. Eventually he doesn't have high enough reputation. In other words; the "band" of reputation within which an AI club and a player can find love is very very narrow).

I'm not sure if this helps, but here's my usual routine when selling a player:

Give him games, make sure he is fit and in form.

Transfer list him and set his squad setting to not needed, this usually upsets him which you will have to deal with.

Progress a day, this gives clubs a chance to become interested in him.

Then offer him out for an amount depending on the sorts of clubs who are interested.

And what do you do if no clubs are interested in him before offering him? I may try playing these players in games that I feel I can win, then I will offer them again perhaps

If no clubs are interested then there's not a lot you can do, I tend to terminate their contracts (if possible). If not I try and give them loan spells or let them sit in the reserves and run their contracts down.

The annoying this is when you terminate a contract you can almost guarantee someone will suddenly pick him up and pay him peanuts :D

If no clubs are interested then there's not a lot you can do, I tend to terminate their contracts (if possible). If not I try and give them loan spells or let them sit in the reserves and run their contracts down.

The annoying this is when you terminate a contract you can almost guarantee someone will suddenly pick him up and pay him peanuts :D

I have tried offering them on loan for no wages and no fee, but nowhere will take them....so i guess the only thing left is to release on a free....? the compensation that is paid for release on a free - is that basically paying them the rest of their wages on their contract?

I usually use affiliate clubs for players like that if no one else will make an offer.

Terminating the contract is basically buying them out of their contract, which is often too expensive for the board to allow. If the players are unhappy then it can be a good idea but if they are happy in the reserves then it might be better to leave them there.

I usually use affiliate clubs for players like that if no one else will make an offer.

Terminating the contract is basically buying them out of their contract, which is often too expensive for the board to allow. If the players are unhappy then it can be a good idea but if they are happy in the reserves then it might be better to leave them there.

I dont have any affiliate clubs to send them to, and the board wont allow me to have any affiliate clubs.... oh the joys!

This issue has been a "running sore" in the 2012 version and complaint threads are common here. You just have to accept that, never mind the average/poor players, the majority of all good players put on the list simply will not move. Paradoxically, if you do surprisingly sell the ocassional player whilst reducing their value, you will likely be pilloried by the fans for not getting a big enough fee for the guy. Can't win; but that's the way the game is!

Since I refuse to use the "editor" feature, I am reduced now to offering them down to zero value, then putting them in the reserves till their contracts run out. Not satisfactory but one has to be pragmatic about this.

Another solution is to find a suitable club for the unwanted player's level, preferably a club which should do a lot better than they are so that they would probably do with a new manager and some new players and which have money, then add a new manager for that club and sign him before retiring.

There are both pros and cons to this:

The pros: if you feel that the lack of AI intelligence on the transfer market is severly limiting your enjoyment of the game, damaging immersion or generally annoying, doing this may ultimately help you. You may even use an editor to increase their reputation temporarily if your player don't want to go there; that's also fine if you think this reputation thing is too limiting and unrealistic. While you're at it, why don't you give that club a nice main sponsor, a sugar daddy or a large stadium in a couple of years? It can be an additional enjoyment watching said club turn things around thanks to your editing or your players. I still remember following the (local) stardom of a failed youth prospect who I sold to Nottingham Forest in FM10 (the normal way). He kept them in Premier League year after year being their saviour!

The cons: it is kinda cheating. I would never "empty" a club's pockets to enrich myself this way - that would destroy the game, so too much of this can be dangerous. You DO reap financial benefits from doing it, so I suggest using the base value as a restriction on yourself. If you haven't done this before, it might ruin your savegame no matter how restrictive and "fair" you are. Besides, the instances where I have done this, my rejects have all been awful for their new clubs even though they should in theory strengthen their team. If you decide to loan hot prospects out this way using the temporary reputation boost method, he will be unmotivated to play for the club, so I must say there are few instances where the "manipulated" club reap benefits from the interference...

I dont want to use the "add manager" thing. I feel that would ruin the game. Is there a way I could use the editor to make the player want a transfer so at least they would be more willing to lower their wage demands and move to that lower reputation club if it means first team football? and if there is a way....how do I use the editor??

I dont want to use the "add manager" thing. I feel that would ruin the game. Is there a way I could use the editor to make the player want a transfer so at least they would be more willing to lower their wage demands and move to that lower reputation club if it means first team football? and if there is a way....how do I use the editor??

That would be FMRTE, and it is sadly not free anymore. The database editor wouldn't change anything in your save.

It is easy to use and comes with a FAQ and user guide. You could add the interested club as favoured club, and the player as the club's/manager's favoured personel. You could check out his reputation and compare it to the club's. If they are very different you may want to decrease his to slightly above theirs - but I haven't tried this myself so I don't know if it would work.

I don't know if FMRTE has come with an update for 12.1.1 yet.

Archived